Dark City Miniatures Needed

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

Dark City Miniatures Needed

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm working on putting together a Mini Toolbox -- a tackle box that'll have all my commonly-used figurines and combat tools (like spell templates) in one easy-to-find location. I figure it'll help me stay organized AND help enhance the game (more "three guards run up" and less "pretend these three orcs are guards... and they run up"

To that end I've started putting together a list of figs that I think I'll need for Dark City. I'm looking to buy these minis, but I figured I'd post them here too incase Damon or Cory had any duplicates (or had any figs they could lend me until I complete my own collection).

Here's the list:

Kobolds (6)
Orcs (10)
Ogre (3)
Ooze (1)
Mindflayer (1)
Aberrations (med, large)
Thugs (rouges) (6)
Thugs (fighters) (6)
City Guards (fighters) (6)
Clerics (Earth Dragons) (3)
Cultists (Drab robed figures) (6)
Figs for all character classes
Last edited by NukeHavoc on Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I have some D&D mini's that I got as a DM gift at MepaCon that I would donate... especially some that would make good city guard.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:I have some D&D mini's that I got as a DM gift at MepaCon that I would donate... especially some that would make good city guard.
That'd be great! Thanks!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I certainly have a huge collection of d&d pre-painted minis. If you give me a list I'd be happy to bring whatever with me. I'm sure to have most of what you need. However a majority of the mini's your looking for are the same ones I'm keeping. (You would be surprised how much combat those 10 crossbowmen have seen). The ones I am looking to weed out of my collection are generally the ones going for $10-20 on ebay and though your welcome to have a look (when I finally pull them out), they are mostly doubles of specific figures such as the warduke, and driz'it. So i'm not sure how useful you'll find them.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I certainly have a huge collection of d&d pre-painted minis. If you give me a list I'd be happy to bring whatever with me. I'm sure to have most of what you need. However a majority of the mini's your looking for are the same ones I'm keeping. (You would be surprised how much combat those 10 crossbowmen have seen).
Heh. I expected as much, but I thought I'd ask. :) Besides, I know Damon's got a stash lying around somewhere, just waiting to be used...
Hardcorhobbs wrote:The ones I am looking to weed out of my collection are generally the ones going for $10-20 on ebay and though your welcome to have a look (when I finally pull them out), they are mostly doubles of specific figures such as the warduke, and driz'it. So i'm not sure how useful you'll find them.
That'd be great. I'm not sure if I'd buy any, but I'd definitely like to look.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Looking at the list the only things I cannot bring are the mindflayer, the ooze, and the cultists. (go figure... the one set that had cool cultisits I only got one).

How do you want the city guard armed? I've got from simple banded mail and a spear to full-plate and a glave.

What do the earth dragon clerics look like? I have several different clerics as well.

Anything else you would like from the list? Any mini's anyone needs for the game saturday? (Summonable, pets, ect.)

Looking through my mini's I might have spoken too soon. There might be some I have way too many of. Such as a bulette. I have 7. I rarely use 1. So I'll keep an eye out as I build my "trade/sell" box.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Along with Cory, a lot of these are minis I want to keep, and some of them I have only in metal form (which will NOT be bouncing around in a box!). However, a quick look on Ebay shows there's a few really good deals on bands of Kobolds right now. Not sure on the others, though. I may have a few generic humans floatin about, and as soon as Reaper releases the Cavern Worm, you can have my Carrion Crawler...

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Along with Cory, a lot of these are minis I want to keep, and some of them I have only in metal form (which will NOT be bouncing around in a box!). However, a quick look on Ebay shows there's a few really good deals on bands of Kobolds right now. Not sure on the others, though. I may have a few generic humans floatin about, and as soon as Reaper releases the Cavern Worm, you can have my Carrion Crawler...
FYI, my plan is to actually use the compartments in the tackle box, so nothing's going to be bouncing around. :) The bottom of the box will hold spell templates, dice boxes, etc.

I'm not looking to keep any ones minis, but I could borrow some short term until I can round out my own collection that'd be cool. I suppose I could ask you guys to bring certain minis each week, but that ruins some of the intrigue, you know?

I picked up some guard minis at Phantom yesterday, as well as another fig who's identity will be revealed at a later date. I may pick up a few more this weekend as well, we'll see.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've been meaning to stop by the Phantom and havent gotten around to it yet. (When you usually hit two other shops weekly... its not a high priority. :wink: ) Do they have a lot of d&d mini singles? The portal still has some... but they stopped adding anything new.

As for the asking to bring: I'm fine throwing together a box that I can bring to your place week to week. I just like having them around for my own game. If you make me up a list I'll bring them along. Add monsters you'll use, as well as many you may or may not. As you get them for your own collection i'll remove them from the box. This way we'll have what we need, and there will always be a surprise as to what we may fight because the box is full.

I'll try to poke through my mini's tonight and start making up my "trade box". Like I said before there may well be mini's i've got more than pleanty of.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I've been meaning to stop by the Phantom and havent gotten around to it yet. (When you usually hit two other shops weekly... its not a high priority. :wink: ) Do they have a lot of d&d mini singles? The portal still has some... but they stopped adding anything new.
Not a lot. They about two dozen commons, including two guards (I bought the regular guard -- wearing some sort of plate mail and wielding a spear -- and the arcane guard (which wears masterwork armor and has some magic items).
Hardcorhobbs wrote:As for the asking to bring: I'm fine throwing together a box that I can bring to your place week to week. I just like having them around for my own game. If you make me up a list I'll bring them along. Add monsters you'll use, as well as many you may or may not. As you get them for your own collection i'll remove them from the box. This way we'll have what we need, and there will always be a surprise as to what we may fight because the box is full.
Sounds like a plan. I'm going to go through my metal and LOTR minis tonight to see what I've got, and then I'll revise accordingly.

We definitely need a pair of lions. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I've been meaning to stop by the Phantom and havent gotten around to it yet. (When you usually hit two other shops weekly... its not a high priority. :wink: ) Do they have a lot of d&d mini singles? The portal still has some... but they stopped adding anything new.
Not a lot. They about two dozen commons, including two guards (I bought the regular guard -- wearing some sort of plate mail and wielding a spear -- and the arcane guard (which wears masterwork armor and has some magic items).
Hardcorhobbs wrote:As for the asking to bring: I'm fine throwing together a box that I can bring to your place week to week. I just like having them around for my own game. If you make me up a list I'll bring them along. Add monsters you'll use, as well as many you may or may not. As you get them for your own collection i'll remove them from the box. This way we'll have what we need, and there will always be a surprise as to what we may fight because the box is full.
Sounds like a plan. I'm going to go through my metal and LOTR minis tonight to see what I've got, and then I'll revise accordingly.

We definitely need a pair of lions. :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Speaking of Metal Minis, Ken, I think my grey carrier with my Reaper Figs was also at your house. I didn't see the box last friday (when I picked up my bag), but after checking at home, I still can't find it.

When you're checking your metals, can you see if my figs are there? I'm sure you'll recognize them. :)
NukeHavoc wrote: I'm going to go through my metal and LOTR minis tonight to see what I've got, and then I'll revise accordingly.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Lions are already on the shelf waiting for transport.