Downtime in Obsidian Bay

The current Blackrazor campaign.
NukeHavoc

Downtime in Obsidian Bay

Post by NukeHavoc »

After finally penetrating the Shadow Vault, the Blackrazors (and their new allies) are badly beaten up and in much need of some rest and downtime.
When last we met, you guys were talking about retreating to Obsidian Bay via teleports by Alistar and Jakob.

I assume that's still the plan. We'll say that after resting (presumably in the easily-defendable Shadow Vault) you teleport back to the Blackrazor Guild Hall.

So what do you want to do in Obsidian Bay? How many days do you want to spend there?

For his part, Jakob intends to spend some time scribing scrolls (am I right in thinking that you can use the *scribe scroll* feat to scribe domain spells, so that he could scribe a teleport scroll?)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, you can scribe domain spells.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Who else can scribe scrolls or brew potions? Jakob will suggest that for a dungeon like Maure Castle, such items are essential for survival, and that perhaps 4-5 days spent scribing or brewing would be prudent.

Perhaps even a week, though he wonders what might be wait for you on the 2nd level given the passage of that amount of time...
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

We need to contact someone from the Guild of Wizardry/Obsidian Tower to see about having the Shades spells cast to open the adamantine chest, then to give us advice about what to do with whatever is inside it.

Silas also intends to write a lengthy dispatch to have sent back to Keoland to be included in the Minutes of the Royal Explorers Society (See the prestige class description for Royal Explorer in Song and Silence).

I imagine Andulf will be doing more to establish the Final Rest, which Silas is also interested in.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Thorin is also interested in establishing (or becoming a member of) Final Rest, so more than likely he'll be healing up and doing something involved with that (though he didn't level yet...curses!)

Damon.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Back in OB, Andulf will be confirming the suspicions of his Order that there is a real threat in Maure Castle from not just 1 undead source, but perhaps several!

So Andulf will be doing more to establish the Order in OB.

I've been writing up some things on the Order, which I'll post later this week, if all goes well. :) Just things like the purpose, attitude, goals, attitudes, allies and resources of the Order (resources at this time will be low).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

So do you guys want to handle all this out of game, or play it out at the table? I'm fine either way -- it's just a questin of how much role-playing you want to get in with these characters.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Rex will take this time to get to know the Blackrazors. Mainly through drinking with them in the guildhall. If there is such a person, I'd also like to talk about using the guild resources to a) Sell off the Bane of Dwarves bow b) upgrade the enchantment on his bow and possibly his haliberd c) Perhaps purchase other supplies (potions, magic items, ect.)

Oh, and he'll also go take the time to see how Ian is doing with his bar he is building. I know it hasnt been much time, so most likely little was done. But he will seek out Ian none-the-less.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Rex will take this time to get to know the Blackrazors.
Heh. That reminds me. New initiate, new initiation. :)

I'm thinking that its time for Tempest, the current weaponmaster, to move on, and be replaced by someone else (or perhaps to take up residence at one of the other guild holdings in Swamphold or Geoff).

Anyone want to create a new weaponmaster to humiliate, err, test Rex with?
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

ME ME ME :!: :!: :!:
NukeHavoc wrote: Anyone want to create a new weaponmaster to humiliate, err, test Rex with?
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Actually, Ian would be interested in getting some other investors/business partners to be able to afford a nicer place... is Rex interested?

The plan is for Malcanthet's Den to be a tavern/burlesque club primarily for adventurers and mercenaries with some extra coin to spend, perhaps with its own small on-site brewery.

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Rex will take this time to get to know the Blackrazors. Mainly through drinking with them in the guildhall. If there is such a person, I'd also like to talk about using the guild resources to a) Sell off the Bane of Dwarves bow b) upgrade the enchantment on his bow and possibly his haliberd c) Perhaps purchase other supplies (potions, magic items, ect.)

Oh, and he'll also go take the time to see how Ian is doing with his bar he is building. I know it hasnt been much time, so most likely little was done. But he will seek out Ian none-the-less.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

What do you think, a 13th level Weaponmaster?

setanta14 wrote:ME ME ME :!: :!: :!:
NukeHavoc wrote: Anyone want to create a new weaponmaster to humiliate, err, test Rex with?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ahh, the BR Guild is pretty infamous. They could prob get a 15th Weaponmaster, couldn't they? :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

setanta14 wrote:Actually, Ian would be interested in getting some other investors/business partners to be able to afford a nicer place... is Rex interested?

The plan is for Malcanthet's Den to be a tavern/burlesque club primarily for adventurers and mercenaries with some extra coin to spend, perhaps with its own small on-site brewery.
If thats the case Rex might forgo upgrading his equipment and throw in a share to the Den. He'll still sell the bow. I'll have to sit down and figure out how much money he has to see what all I can afford. But since hes going to be hanging around the city, the bar would be of intrest to him.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Ahh, the BR Guild is pretty infamous. They could prob get a 15th Weaponmaster, couldn't they? :)
Heh. Maybe. :) I say go with 13th level.