Downtime in the Big City

The current Blackrazor campaign.
NukeHavoc

Downtime in the Big City

Post by NukeHavoc »

After the battle with the mummy, the Blackrazors & Co. can have as much downtime in the city as they'd like.

So, how much time are you taking? Two weeks? Three? And what are you doing during that time?
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Rex likes adventure, so he's ready when everyone else is. Any downtime he has will be spent helping out Ian with the Den.

(I REALLY need to figure out his money thing this week.)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Andulf will take a few days for item creation. Either scrolls or potions.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Andulf will take a few days for item creation. Either scrolls or potions.
Dworkin will probably do the same. Any requests?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

[bump]

The expedition to Maure Castle looms. I'm not quite sure what the date is -- the last Maure Castle adventure was in Sunsebb 591, but the next adventure will take place after Skel's Lair.

Since that in turn takes place one month after the "Eyebiter" adventure, my question for Nate is: "When did Eyebiter take place?"
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Eyebiter would have taken place in early Coldeven 592 I believe... two months after the campaign kick-off in Needfest 592.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:Eyebiter would have taken place in early Coldeven 592 I believe... two months after the campaign kick-off in Needfest 592.
Ok, that works. So basically folks will have had two months downtime between the events of "The Mummy's Revenge" and the "Eyebiter" confrontation, and then another month between "Eyebiter" and "Skel's Lair".

I'm assuming that the next expedition to Maure Castle will leave after about two weeks of downtime following the Skel adventure. That'll put us in late Planting 592 or early Flocktime 592, depending on how much time you're talking.

Everyone -- please post your out-of-game actions, such as scroll or magic item creation. Remember that Maure Castle is hideously deadly, so it's a good idea to have a stock of backup potions and scrolls ready. Previous expeditions have found themselves woefully unprepared because of a lack of these staple magic items (no doubt because everyone got used to relying on Merwyn for those essentials. :))
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Andulf shall create the following Wands:

Divine Favor, CL9, Cost 3,375gp, 135 xp
Will give recipients +3 attack and +3 damage for 1 minute
Endure Elements, CL1, Cost 375gp, 15xp
Comprehend Languages, CL1, Cost 375, 15xp
Cure Light Wds, CL5, Cost 1875gp, 75xp
Cures 1d8+5 hp
Bless Water, CL1, Cost 375gp, 15xp
Cure Moderate Wds, CL9, Cost 6750gp, 270xp
cures 2d8+9 hp
Remove Paralysis, CL3, Cost 2250, 90xp
Hold Person, CL3, Cost 2250gp, 90xp
Silence, CL3, Cost 2250gp, 90xp
Lesser Restoration, CL3, cost 2250gp, 90xp

Total Cost: 22,125gp, 885xp
Time to create: 28 days
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Rex needs a bunch of healing pots. He'll ask around the guild (and Ian) where he can get some. Then for some reason he'll be delayed on re-entering the castle.