The Flocktime Expedition

The current Blackrazor campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'd like to bring Rex as he needs the experience and the stuff. However that being said I need to talk to Nate about his duties at the bar. I will however make up a back-up character just in case. No clue what yet.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the castle, and TOTALLY bummed I'm missing the game friday the more I read about it in the forums.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Sweeet. I can't wait to take Andulf in and slay all of the undead monstrosoties within! HaHa! Take that, stupid life sucking evil monster! And the horse you rode in on!
NukeHavoc wrote:Just wanted to say that I've been reading the two expansions for Maure Castle -- Chamber of Antiquities and The Greater Halls -- and I'm really excited to run this dungeoncrawl again. There is so much great stuff in here -- I can't wait for you guys to find it all. Oh sure, it's still hideously deadly, but some of the stuff that Rob Kuntz has added on the deeper levels is just vintage 1st edition D&D (and in a good way).
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

In terms of alternates, I'll have one of the Final Rest allies ready to go if Andulf should fall.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

As far as alts go, I strongly suggest someone creates a mage. The party has been very weak when it comes to arcane might, and it will come in useful within the deeper levels (yes, there's Dworkin, but a) he's a cleric and b) as an NPC he's a passive character.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

If only it wasn't a wholly Blackrazor adventure. I could bring Sven .......
NukeHavoc wrote:As far as alts go, I strongly suggest someone creates a mage. The party has been very weak when it comes to arcane might, and it will come in useful within the deeper levels (yes, there's Dworkin, but a) he's a cleric and b) as an NPC he's a passive character.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:If only it wasn't a wholly Blackrazor adventure. I could bring Sven .......
Why, so he can jump into another giant pool of acid?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I was actually thinking of rolling up a mage. I'll see what I come up with. (Of course he won't be available this week)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

That wasn't Sven. That was the "monk" wizard. ;)
NukeHavoc wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:If only it wasn't a wholly Blackrazor adventure. I could bring Sven .......
Why, so he can jump into another giant pool of acid?
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'll make a mage in case Hogarth bites the cookies.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

A single-class rogue would also be good, if you are so inclined. The Maure Castle crew tends to have multiclass rogue/arcane casters, which diminishes their overall effectiveness.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I was tinkering with a grey elven mage/loremaster last night. I've got him pretty much done except for picking spells. I can use him as a backup if we need wizardly might.
erilar

Post by erilar »

OK - maybe I'll do a straight rogue then so we don't lose the roguely contribution from Hogarth if he meets a sad fate. Or maybe I'll get all ambitious and do both... :P
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Fonteyn will be there (Rogue 3/Sorcerer 6/Arcane Trickster 3/Argent Savant 1).

I'm mostly done with my backup character, a 13th level barbarian. I decided not to go the spellcaster route, as you know I'm probably not the guy to be making "what spell to cast" decisions and holding up the combat, etc. And, as the characters I make are largely not super effective, I decided to try a straight build and see if I could make an effective combatant.

BTW, creating characters at this level is kind of, well, un-fun for me, because I hate buying equiptment. It's soo much cooler to find cool stuff as loot than to arbitratily assign it to a character simply because I have soo much gpv available at the build stage.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Jonkga wrote:BTW, creating characters at this level is kind of, well, un-fun for me, because I hate buying equiptment. It's soo much cooler to find cool stuff as loot than to arbitratily assign it to a character simply because I have soo much gpv available at the build stage.
I agree. Rex wasnt much fun in the begining becasue he just had all generic high level fighter gear. Now that he's getting all kinds of stuff hes comming into his own. I was thinking about rolling stuff up randomly for my mage I was going to roll up. See how that works out for me... :twisted: