Harvester 23, 591: A few days off

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

Harvester 23, 591: A few days off

Post by NukeHavoc »

The dread danger of the rod of wonder wielding monkey has been dealt with, and once again the adventurers are faced with a few days of potential down time. :)

What do you plan to do with that time? Persumable everyone who helped Magister Eldton will be turning in their requests for the lesser wonderous items they'd like to have crafted (I'll need to figure out how long that will take).

Thom: For his part, Thom plans on purchasing a dueling cloak (which I posted about earlier) and have him enchant that into a Cloak of Resistance +1. Once I know what the others would like, I'll determine how long it will take for the items to be created.

Assuming Corash still wants the help, Thom will then use his contacts to try and find a member of the Order of the Broken Staff, who in turn may help the elf secure illicit arcane scrolls.

Corash: Late on the afternoon of Harvester 23, the magical effects from the rod of wonder wear off, Corash returns to his normal gender.

Salsar: Is working to establish an adventuring "association" and will preumable be looking for recruits. Nate -- how does he do that? Is he asking any party members to join? Is he touring the bars? Taking out an ad in the Crier? Also, could you e-mail Jess about Mal's henchmen, to see if he ever detailed any of the associates working at MEI?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Other developments with Thom:

Since he hit 4th level, Thom can now cast second level spells. He took "Hold Person" and "Tune of the Dancing Weapon" (the later from Dragon #335).
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Since COrash is now 5th level, I took the spells Fireball (of course!) and F.L.Y.

Damon.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Also: Corash will inquire with Thom about locating some Broken Staff members to purchase scrolls. Corash will also research when the "Magic Gun Show" is to be held next.

After that, Corash will consult with Maurgiir, seeing what other tasks he has for the elf. Corash will also enquire with the wizard about where he might get scrolls for learning, or how he can obtain materials to research new spells.

Depending on what happens next, Corash will either learn spells, or create a couple scrolls/potions (if Maurgiir has a lab available).

Damon.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Kerth will continue his exporation of the city on his way to the mudsitter's district. Then he will ask around the MD for a few people in need of his aid.

He'll also keep an ear open for further potential adventures.
setanta14

Re: Harvester 23, 591: A few days off

Post by setanta14 »

Salsar: Cloak of Resistance +1

Vargas: Pearl of Power, 1st level

Salsar will be looking for recruits first in bars, taverns, and gambling dens where those likely to have an interest in that line of work would be (Docks District, Wharf District, Adventurer's Quarter, and possibly the Mudsitter's District).

He would also be asking around those same places (particularly the gambling dens) for potential work (like from "unofficial" moneylenders, bookies, etc.).

Vargas has always been interested in joining the Guild of Wizardry... I just thought that he didn't qualify for membership yet. If he does, then he will apply ASAP.

NukeHavoc wrote:What do you plan to do with that time? Persumable everyone who helped Magister Eldton will be turning in their requests for the lesser wonderous items they'd like to have crafted (I'll need to figure out how long that will take).

Salsar: Is working to establish an adventuring "association" and will preumable be looking for recruits. Nate -- how does he do that? Is he asking any party members to join? Is he touring the bars? Taking out an ad in the Crier? Also, could you e-mail Jess about Mal's henchmen, to see if he ever detailed any of the associates working at MEI?