The Griffin's Crier

Discussion forums for the home of the Blackrazors
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 10893
Location: Easton, PA
If you guys are ok with publishing it publicly, I suggest we create a post called "Dragoon/Paladin #1" on the Infinity Storm blog and have the conversation in the comments there.

Work for you guys?

_________________
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:38 am
Posts: 5164
New question: How does it work logistically? Can we edit the post to add responses? Or do we keep adding comments? Perhaps its better to work it all here, and then create a summary to publish?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 10893
Location: Easton, PA
Hardcorhobbs wrote:
New question: How does it work logistically? Can we edit the post to add responses? Or do we keep adding comments? Perhaps its better to work it all here, and then create a summary to publish?


I'd suggest creating an initial "issue" and then responding via comments, but posting here and then summarizing there is also fine. Posting via the forum is probably easier to keep track of, since everything else is here.

_________________
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: Allentown, PA
Cool!

Freedom City Teamups Present: The Brains and the Brawn!

Paladin the TechnoKnight
and
Dragoon, Man Out of Time!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 6571
Location: Kirkwall
Lily is bored. She's having a hard time not hanging out with her "normal" friends, but has decided that trying to contact them probably wouldn't turn out well at all.

Helping people, on the other hand - it's something to do at least. Is this why she was brought back??

So far, every time she's tried to help at some sort of disaster, she's basically been fighting alongside those same other weirdos. So, if she's going to do this whole superhero thing (God, the world totally hates her), she needs to find these goons. But how?? She only ever sees them at the big disasters, and it's not like they advertise or anything...

That bucket-head guy - Paladin? - was talking to the cops on some kinda radio. Maybe they know him or something?

Lily visits the local public library and sets up a free LOL (Liberty Online) email account. She then makes a bit of a clamor by phasing into the local police district station in full scary ghosty mode. She waits a second until she has everyone in the squadroom's attention, and then puts her hands on her hips and strikes what she hopes is a heroic pose.

Hovering above the room feeling like a total choad, she intones "I am Lily, the Spirit of Youth. It seems that Freedom City may be in need of a few new heroes, or something. Please, like, see that this message gets to Paladin."

She then TK's a piece of paper with her email address on it to one of the policemen, mumbles "Um, OK. Uh, thanks." and turns and flies out through the nearest wall.

_________________
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 10893
Location: Easton, PA
Hey Bob -- in case you missed it:

The Brains and the Brawn
http://www.griffcrier.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1538

_________________
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 10893
Location: Easton, PA
I've posted the adventure notes from Issue #3:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ntime.html

As always, you can log in and edit the post to clarify/extend/edit the entry. I think it does a decent job of capturing what we did last time out; there was quite a lot going on for only having three PCs there! Personally, I had a blast -- it was great messing with Dragoon's powers, and Flynn's side-venture into acting/stunt doubling went really well.

And the confrontation between Paladin and D.C. Stranton, Agent of AEGIS, went great (although it appears Gray has a new enemy to worry about...)

Rewards:

1 power point.

_________________
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 10893
Location: Easton, PA
erilar wrote:
Lily is bored. She's having a hard time not hanging out with her "normal" friends, but has decided that trying to contact them probably wouldn't turn out well at all.


Great stuff. :) I'm going to fold this into Issue #4.

Ken

_________________
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 6571
Location: Kirkwall
EvilGenius wrote:
I also respond back to Lily's email.

"This is Paladin. I hear that you were looking for me. The police were a little freaked out. What can I do for you?"


Sent to Paladin via email:

Quote:
Paladin -

Hi, it's Lily - the girl that was helping at the airport, and fighting the bad guys at the docks and the prison and all that. Do you know those other guys that have been helping us rescue people and stuff? Are you guys like a super team or something? (If you are, you should really get some matching uniforms - it's hard to know who's who...)

Anyway, I have these powers, and I'd kind of like to continue helping people if I can, but I don't know how to find the rest of you. You know - other than listening for explosions and death rays and stuff. Maybe we can get some walkie talkies or cell phones or something? I can't really pay for them though, so dunno.

There's also some other creepy stuff going on that I don't understand. I think something bad's going to happen.

Anyway, write back if you guys want some help sometime.

Lily

_________________
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:38 am
Posts: 5164
How do we edit the post? I just saw one minor thing, but couldnt figure out how to edit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 10893
Location: Easton, PA
Hardcorhobbs wrote:
How do we edit the post? I just saw one minor thing, but couldnt figure out how to edit.


I didn't realize you didn't have access. I've just sent you an invite from Blogger to your Gmail account; once you accept it I can make you an admin. You'll then be able to login and edit the post via http://www.blogger.com.

_________________
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: Allentown, PA
erilar wrote:
Paladin -

Hi, it's Lily - the girl that was helping at the airport, and fighting the bad guys at the docks and the prison and all that. Do you know those other guys that have been helping us rescue people and stuff? Are you guys like a super team or something? (If you are, you should really get some matching uniforms - it's hard to know who's who...)

Anyway, I have these powers, and I'd kind of like to continue helping people if I can, but I don't know how to find the rest of you. You know - other than listening for explosions and death rays and stuff. Maybe we can get some walkie talkies or cell phones or something? I can't really pay for them though, so dunno.

There's also some other creepy stuff going on that I don't understand. I think something bad's going to happen.

Anyway, write back if you guys want some help sometime.

Lily


Paladin writes back:

I admire your desire to do good with your abilities. The others new heroes that I've met, Dragoon, Grey, Gear and The Bowman do seem to keep popping up whenever there's trouble. We're not an official "team", but I have given the others secure cell phone/communicators so that they can get in touch with me.

If you'd like, I can send you one too, but please be aware of the limited minutes on the phone. It would be unwise for you to spend 4 hours a night talking to your girlfriends about boys or how life is pain or how 'norms' just don't see the utter futility of hope or how Disintigration is the 'best album ever' or how your parents just 'don't get it'. It would be better to save the phone for emergencies. Like the Death Rays and Explosions kind.

Speaking of your parents, what do they think about you risking your life to take up superhero-ing? I don't think you should be doing this just for kicks. If you give me your address, I'll send you the cell phone and we can discuss more later.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 6571
Location: Kirkwall
Lily wrote:
Dearest Paladork:

Just because *you* spend 4 hours a night talking to *your* girlfriends about boys, don't assume you know anything at all about me. As for how life is pain? Life was just fine. It's death that sucks - you should try it sometime.

I don't have any parents to disapprove of anything that I do anymore. I'm not looking for any either, so you can secure your cell phone where the headlamp don't shine.

Hugs and kisses,
Lily

PS - Disintegration?? Are you really *that* old??

_________________
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: Allentown, PA
erilar wrote:
Lily wrote:
Dearest Paladork:

Just because *you* spend 4 hours a night talking to *your* girlfriends about boys, don't assume you know anything at all about me. As for how life is pain? Life was just fine. It's death that sucks - you should try it sometime.

I don't have any parents to disapprove of anything that I do anymore. I'm not looking for any either, so you can secure your cell phone where the headlamp don't shine.

Hugs and kisses,
Lily


Okay, I get it, you're not a typical teenager. But what's all this death stuff? And are you saying you're an orphan? Shouldn't you have a foster family at least? Or are you trying to say that you're homeless?

You're going to have to clue me in, since I don't know anything about you or your abilities.


pps - you don't have to be old to appreciate the Best. Album. Ever!

But Aenima is pretty damn cool, too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 6571
Location: Kirkwall
EvilGenius wrote:
Okay, I get it, you're not a typical teenager. But what's all this death stuff? And are you saying you're an orphan? Shouldn't you have a foster family at least? Or are you trying to say that you're homeless?

You're going to have to clue me in, since I don't know anything about you or your abilities.


pps - you don't have to be old to appreciate the Best. Album. Ever!

But Aenima is pretty damn cool, too.


XP Congratulations, you've reached the 90's - keep trying. Here's a link for you before your bones petrify completely. (You may want to avoid any tar pits btw...)

No, I'm not saying I'm an orphan, dummy - I'm saying that I'm dead. Hellooo? Floats through walls and can fly? Can poltergeist stuff around? Can possess the living and scare people? At your service - Lily the undead freak. The teenager that really *can* scare the living shit out of you...

L

_________________
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group