Call of Duty 4?

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

Call of Duty 4?

Post by erilar »

I'm going to put this on my Xmas list. Typically, I prefer to play FPS games with mouse & keyboard via PC.

But, if you guys (Ken and Cory) think that you will be getting this, and might want to play multiplayer, then I'll ask for it on 360. Let me know.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

It's getting rave reviews and I would love to play it at some point. However, with the backlog of games I have I don't see this one jumping on the list for a while. Heck, I'm only a few levels into Halo.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Is that the sort of game we could do multiplayer over the PC?
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yes, Jon. It's multiplayer for both 360 and PC. Supposedly the multiplayer is quite good, but my main draw for this one is the supposedly excellent campaign story. I'm not buying it for the multiplayer , but that might make the decision as to what platform I get it for.

You know, the more I think about it, I'm really mostly interested in COD for the campaign. Not sure if that'd be what I'd personally want us to focus on for Xbox MP. I'd rather do Halo 3, Team Fortress 2, Bomberman, Gears of War, but that's just my opinion. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is coming up too, and that's totally up my alley MP-wise. I love the duck-n-cover gameplay styles.

Jon, if you're interested in PC multiplayer shopping, I'd recommend we go the Orange Box route for Team Fortress. I know you haven't played Half Life 2 yet, which is awesome, so you'd get that too. Then there's the shining, exultant glory that is Portal - definitely way at the top of any game experience I've had. Finally, for MP Team Fortress is supposed to be totally fantastic. Some of our old WoW guild buddies might even be playing that?

If you're not into the other Orange Box stuff and just want multiplayer, remember that there's also Unreal Tournament 2004, which is still hella excellent, only like $10, and Zack and I both have it already.

Without some digging I'm not sure how COD4 would run on your machine. Probably decent, but I do know that folks say that it is very next gen visually. I do know that the Orange Box games will run very well on your box though - the HL2 engine was contemporary with your PC purchase.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

OK, you get your COD fix then, and I'll pick up Orange box and Unreal 04. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
malphas

Post by malphas »

i am still playing wolfenstein: enemy territory, a free ww2 fps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstei ... _Territory

it has a good mix of weapons and classes and some decent mods and maps.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I may be getting CoD4 for Christmas, since EB called my house saying my pre-order is in... ;)

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I may be getting CoD4 for Christmas, since EB called my house saying my pre-order is in... ;)

Damon.
For which system, Damon?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I will likely get or buy the Orange Box this season; I'm not a big fan of the Call of Duty series, so I'll likely skip on that.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange