Xbox Night 3/4/08

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
Hardcorhobbs

Xbox Night 3/4/08

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Hey guys,

Thursdays are starting to become a no-go for xbox night for me. So I was just wondering who would be available on Tuesday nights for some boxing?

If Thursdays are better for everyone else then I'll just join when I can. But at this point Tuesdays will be more regular for me.
erilar

Post by erilar »

I think I can do Tuesdays.

That is a rushed night since it's Zack's Aikido class (where I attend as designated Stunt Dummy), but we're usually home by 7ish and just need to eat. The only tripping point would be if Zack needed help with his math or something. "Daddy, my teacher says that the answer to 2+3 is not 5 or five! I don't get it..."

My only taken night is Wednesday - that's my WoW arena team night.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'm good most every night. I may miss every other Tuesday, as that's when I usually do trivia Night at Beerbelly's with some guys from work, but that's not usually every Tuesday. Thursdays are still great, and most other nights are ok for me as well.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm going to try to log on around 8pm or so. BTW, I bought a used copy of Forza 2. Seemed ridiculous that me the car nut was the only one of us that didn't have a copy. So, let's race some!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

But I'm so horrible at racing!!! :-P
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Cory, as in real-life, I'm a horrible driver in all those racing games. But, I've caught the Forza 2 bug a bit, and even though I'm not good at all at it, I've been enjoying it. So, one of these days we should try it out.

Although, in the interest of full disclosure, Lance and I could have last night, and I opted instead for Halo co-op mode. It was a blast running through jungle ravines and blasted-out bunkers lobbing grenades at oncoming Brutes as Lance sniped Jackals off the ledges. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

That was my first go at Halo co-op and I thought it was freaking amazing. I think that co-op is truly the future of online gaming for me. I love working together, strategizing, and scheming to overcome the enemy together. Jon and I were some Brute-killin' maniacs (even though I kept calling them Grunts and confusing him... :) ).

Re. Forza, I think we can do things to equalize the playing field. There are different cars available, so if the people who are a little better at racing take slower cars, etc. we can sort it out.

And, hopefully since Bomberman Live just won "Best XBLA Title of 2007" at the Game Developers' Conference, that will convince the rest of you scrubs to play with us!!!!!!!!!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Oh man! I love co-op Halo. Too bad I missed it. Perhaps next week.