Order 66 Podcast

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Order 66 Podcast

Post by NukeHavoc »

The Order 66 podcast is a show dedicated to the Star Wars Saga Edition RPG, and it's one that I think folks in our campaign should check out. I don't particularly like it's comedy bits (and each show has one with a red-neck storm trooper that I particularly don't like) but it's got some great discussions of game rules and character classes. They've done episodes on every base class and a bunch of the prestige ones, looking at class abilities as well as talent trees. Bob, in particular, should enjoy these discussions.

They break down everything by RAW (rules as written) vs. common sense, deferring to RAW whenever possible, which is a nice approach IMHO. I also like how they break down a different game mechanic in each show (part of their d20 airlock segment) and work through various reader questions.

Good stuff, particularly for anyone who's thinking of GMing Star Wars and wants a better grasp of the rules. There's also a good bit of role-playing discussion, but all in all, it's a pretty crunchy podcast.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
moths

Post by moths »

I haven't listened in yet, but is it even possible to have a redneck stormtrooper now that they've all been retconned into Papa Fett clones?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

moths wrote:I haven't listened in yet, but is it even possible to have a redneck stormtrooper now that they've all been retconned into Papa Fett clones?
My understanding was that by the Rebellion era, most of the original clone troopers have been replaced by individual stormtrooper.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange