Excitement for about 30 seconds

The former Blackrazor addiction.
Hardcorhobbs

Excitement for about 30 seconds

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I guess I totally missed it but Blizzard released some info on the first expantion to WoW. Two new races rockin... with so far the "Blood Elves" being named. Then I read on to find out they are horde. Wtf. The horde's new troops are the High elves? PINK elves? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now, on the other hand adding in the new region of the outland looks awsome. I'm totally up for traveling to the lands of the burning legion to fight them. I'll fight deamons any day of the week.

But really? High elves? For the horde? I really think they could have done better! Common wheres the Goblin love? Hopefully the alliance will get a better race... (though following this through they'll end up with deamons).
erilar

Post by erilar »

The Blood Elves ended up being Horde due to existing lore. The Blood Elves are what remains of the High Elf race. After being cut off from their previous source of arcane power (the Well of Eternity), they turned to more - questionable - sources of power. That's about all I know about it.

Rumor has it that the alliance race will be the Pandarans - panda people. God, I hope they come up with something better...

I was also rooting for goblins for the Horde addition, Cory.

Lots of other cool stuff though:
  • Level cap raised to 70
    Flying mounts for use in Outland
    New profession, Gemcrafting (or something like that)
    Socketed Items
Some other non-expansion additions that I heard were coming soon (on WoW podcasts from ppl who went to Blizzcon):
  • Weather effects
    Linked auction houses available in every major city (yay - 'bout time!)
[/list][/list]
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Ya, I knew about the history of the "Blood Elves". I still think its dumb. Should be allies. Though that would suck for the Allies as its just more elves...

As for the pandas, that could be rather neat. As I recall they have a very oriental feel to them. If thats the case... samuri panda? Sign me up!!!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Ya, I knew about the history of the "Blood Elves". I still think its dumb. Should be allies. Though that would suck for the Allies as its just more elves...
Given the events of the Frozen Throne (and granted I didn't play it to the end ... that's still on my "must do" list) I don't see how they could have been Alliance. Granted, that may have been their origin, but they've evolved into something else.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I dunno... Panda people? Doesn't thrill me much...

Damon.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

They've been in the warcraft world for a while. Something to offset giant cows :P

Although, I've been told they were ALWAYS a neutral race. So maybe thats not such a good thing to add.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

yeah, goblins would have been fun, but they've already been established as one of the primary neutral NPC races, and making goblin characters could have ended up pretty confusing -- do you then change all goblin cities to that faction, and remove people's reps with them if they are no longer part of that faction, etc.

And, panda people could be cool, I don't know anything about them as part of the WoW universe to comment one way or the other, but in any case, they'd most certainly be cooler that gnomes. ;)

--J