Kicking off the Campaign

Our KOTOR campaign.
NukeHavoc

Kicking off the Campaign

Post by NukeHavoc »

Any preferences on where the campaign begins? Core Worlds? Inner Rim? Outer Rim?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Core if we want to all start together, having already met

Inner Rim if we want the Jedi to meet the others and roleplay out the arranging of transport in the first place, as Ben/Luke met Han/Chewy in Mos Eisley
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'd say Inner Rim (or Outer Rim) regardless, since the Jedi want to operate out of a non-Couresant-based Jedi Academy.

Speaking of the Jedi Academy, does anyone have any thoughts on that?

I think it would be cool if each Jedi in the group could do a brief write up on his or her master, since technically you are all padawans. If you don't want to do that (or don't have the time) I can create masters for you.

My thought on the Academy was that one of its missions (and therefore, one of your missions) could be seeking out alternative knowledge of the Force, specifically other Force-using traditions in the galaxy. From a story standpoint, it gives us lots of plot hooks, from a game mechanic standpoint, it gives us a reason to have variant force traditions accessible to characters.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'll try to put something together. Wouldn't some of us have the same master? I guess not, but we probably shared a lot of the same teachers?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:I'll try to put something together. Wouldn't some of us have the same master? I guess not, but we probably shared a lot of the same teachers?
The traditional Jedi approach would be 1 master to 1 padawan, but depending on how the Jedi Academy is setup, you'd likely get instruction from the different masters there.

That said, I'm envisioning this academy as experimenting with different approaches to the Force (thus the interest in seeking out other Force traditions) and it is not unheard of for masters to take multiple padawans in this era. It might not even be unusual outside of the Jedi Temple of Couresant.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:The traditional Jedi approach would be 1 master to 1 padawan, but depending on how the Jedi Academy is setup, you'd likely get instruction from the different masters there.

That said, I'm envisioning this academy as experimenting with different approaches to the Force (thus the interest in seeking out other Force traditions) and it is not unheard of for masters to take multiple padawans in this era. It might not even be unusual outside of the Jedi Temple of Couresant.
I think they talked about this aspect in the KotR book. I think by the time the Mandalorian Wars broke out "official" Jedi policy was 1 master 1 padawan but before that there really were few if any rules.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yes, according to this article (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padawan), the stages went like this:

Jedi Apprentice (instead of "Youngling), learning from multiple teachers
Jedi Padawan (when you are assigned to a single master, whether or not that "master" held the rank of Knight or Master)
Jedi Knight (when you no longer serve a single master, and may take your own Padawan)
Jedi Master (after you have successfully trained a Padawan to Knighthood, you qualify for this rank if selected)

The term "Jedi Lord" was probably also in use for great military leaders.