Aeon Harrier

Our KOTOR campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

Aeon Harrier

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Ken, You mentioned I should be getting a ship penalty to my piloting roles while in the Aeon Harrior. Could you post the ship so I can work them all out ahead of time? Thanks.
NukeHavoc

Re: Aeon Harrier

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Ken, You mentioned I should be getting a ship penalty to my piloting roles while in the Aeon Harrior. Could you post the ship so I can work them all out ahead of time? Thanks.
It's on the blog now. Lemme know what you think of the formatting on the prototype statblock.

http://kotor.griffcrier.com/2008/11/aeo ... /#more-194
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Stat block looks great!

Though now I'm a little bummed, because Highlife only gets a +3 piloting bonus. It will be a bit harder to pull off as many of the cool maneuvers.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Though now I'm a little bummed, because Highlife only gets a +3 piloting bonus. It will be a bit harder to pull off as many of the cool maneuvers.
With a co-pilot, you could get a +2 aid another bonus. And if you've got a helmsman, I think you could snag another +2, so you could get it up to a +7 on your Piloting check. Which, admittedly, is a lot less than what you had before. :)

Also important to know: if you're flying a starfighter, you still get a Piloting penalty, but it drops to -5.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Remember that we'll probably be upgrading this bucket to the teeth over time as well.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

But in retrospect, that same +7 was a +17. :wink:

I realize a +3 is still a great bonus. I'll just have to hold off on certain moves I've been using. Like the option to increase the engine speed. On a 20+ you move an extra square. Miss by 15 or less and you move one down the condition track. No longer a very attractive option.

But I'll adapt, I'm really enjoying Highlife and piloting the ship! Just need to find the alternative options.