Battle Meditation corrections

Our KOTOR campaign.
erilar

Battle Meditation corrections

Post by erilar »

Bob - per our discussions on Saturday morning about Battle Meditation sounding pretty broke-tastic, I did a little digging:

BM requires a full round action and the expenditure of a force point. It gives you and allies a +1 Insight bonus to hit for the rest of the encounter, provided they remain within 6 squares of you.

Taking Improved BM can makes it a swift action, still requires a force point, extends the range to 12 squares, and gives enemies a -1 to hit as well.

I couldn't find anywhere that said that allies get bonus damage dice if you roll high on your Use the Force check - in fact, I don't think the talent requires a UtF check at all.

This seems much less broken. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

K, we're not looking at the same power. I may have written the name down incorrectly.

The power I took is a basic force power from the core Saga book. Maybe it's Battle Strike or something like that.

I re-checked the power over the weekend and checked the errata for it. It's a swift action and affects your next attack. There's a sliding scale for effectiveness.
erilar

Post by erilar »

I think that power is called Force Strike or Battle Strike.

I misunderstood - I thought you'd been saying that you were giving that kind of damage-dice buff to everyone in the party a la Battle Meditation (which I'd remembered to take a longer action and grant a much smaller bonus).

Never mind... :D
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ahh, I think those were two separate parts of a conversation in my mind, but they may have escaped my mouth in close proximity to each other.

Dude, can't you just read my mind to tell what I meant? Sheesh! :p

The power you looked up is the advanced talent/force talent that allows you to give the attack bonus to nearby allies, (like Bless or Bard Song in D&D).