The Dark Horse KotOR comics (no-spoiler comments on 1st TPB)

Our KOTOR campaign.
erilar

The Dark Horse KotOR comics (no-spoiler comments on 1st TPB)

Post by erilar »

I just finished the first trade (originally ish's 0 - 6). I'm not sure what to think yet. The main character (a jedi padawan) is kind of a bumbling clown, and I'm having trouble getting behind him a little.

This first trade is all set up though, so I guess I'll stick with it into the second one (especially if Ken and I take turns buying the trades like he offered).

My last comment is similar to the conclusion I've come to several times over the years - comics are too damn expensive. I mean, this trade was $20, and it takes all of a half hour to read one. Novels just give you so much more bang for the buck. I wish I didn't like comics, or that they were a little more reasonable. They're just a huge investment compared to other media.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Volume 2 is on its way. Or rather, should be on its way soon. Along with my GM screen (ship damn it, ship!) I hear the writer hits his stride with Volume 2.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:I hear the writer hits his stride with Volume 2.
That's good. Don't get me wrong - the story is pretty interesting. He just overdid the bumbling clown thing with the main character (IMO, anyway) and it was getting annoying. (I keep wondering how this doofus is going to turn into any kind of hero.)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: The Dark Horse KotOR comics (no-spoiler comments on 1st TPB)

Post by NukeHavoc »

FYI -- I got my birthday present from my in-laws yesterday (it was a crazy december, so things got delayed). Anyway, I got the third KOTOR trade paperback. :)

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: The Dark Horse KotOR comics (no-spoiler comments on 1st TPB)

Post by NukeHavoc »

I picked up KOTOR volume #4 and LEGACY #2.