Jumping Forward to the Mandalorian Wars

Our KOTOR campaign.
NukeHavoc

Jumping Forward to the Mandalorian Wars

Post by NukeHavoc »

We talked about this briefly after the last Star Wars game, but I wanted to follow-up in the forums. At this point, everyone is 4th level. The next story arc will involve Highlife and the crew getting their own ship and tie up a few loose threads from the pirates adventure.

My thought is that the jump forward to the Mandalorian Wars would occur around 5th level, and would take our heroes 5 years into the future, and make them 8th level. This allows everyone to take a prestige class if they want it, and allows us to declare some things fait accompli (similar to our recent conversations regarding the Greyhawk campaign).

During the jump time period we'd run a Mandalorian arc in which we play the Mandalorian crusaders invading the Republic (probably at 6th or 7th level, so the jump from 5th to 8th in the main campaign won't be *quite* as drastic). This won't be an "evil" campaign, but it'll start getting into the moral conflicts of this time peroid (e.g. Jedi vs. Jedi, manalorian crusaders vs. the new neo-crusaders, etc. -- if you don't know what a neo-crusader is, no worries -- this arc will help explain that).

What do you think?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Re: Jumping Forward to the Mandalorian Wars

Post by Jonkga »

I think this sounds cool.

I have read the material in the saga books re the mandalorians, but I don't really have much of a conception of what they'd be like. So, playing a bunch of mandalorians seems pretty abstract to me.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:I think this sounds cool.

I have read the material in the saga books re the Mandalorians, but I don't really have much of a conception of what they'd be like. So, playing a bunch of mandalorians seems pretty abstract to me.
That works too. Part of what happens in the Mandalorian Wars is that the old warrior code stressing individual prowess in combat, and person choosing to embrace said code, gives away to the idea of conscripts forced into the Mandalorian war machine.

You could easily play a character forced to join the army (or perhaps a recruit who joins not knowing what he got himself into?) I could easily see the group being comprised of a neocrusader officer, a number of conscripts, some recruits, and a few old-school Mandalorians trying to hold onto the old ways (and perhaps trying to newbies that their way is best).

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

erilar

Post by erilar »

Certainly sounds like a good plan to me.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm up for it.