Campaign Background Info

Our KOTOR campaign.
erilar

Campaign Background Info

Post by erilar »

Ken, forgive me if any of this is stepping on content you've already created. I started out detailing a jedi master from the academy and got all out of control. :)

Use what you can (and what you like) and we'll pitch the rest.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Zebulon Beta

Post by erilar »

Zebulon Beta

Zebulon is a rare binary planet in the provincial Vargis Tau system. Zebulon Beta, the home of nearly the entirety of Vargis Tau’s population is, in technical terms, actually a moon of its larger sister, Zebulon Prime. Their orbits are so intertwined, however, that the pair swing around the orange sun of Vargis Tau in precise synchronization.

Due to its slow orbit around “the Prime”, “Zeb” Beta loses one day of sunlight every two months, dropping the temperature of the planet 50 degrees and treating the inhabitants to 75 hours of darkness and snowy chill – a fact of life that Beta denizens have always called simply, the Darkness.

Zebulon Beta is otherwise a temperate, fertile, and rather resource-rich world. Due to their ecological foresight, this colonized world enjoys an unusually pure fresh water supply. Moreover, the world is also rich in mineral content. Even though most of the minerals are highly dispersed and difficult to harvest, the side effect is atypically rich soil and a booming agricultural industry.

Zebulon Prime, by contrast, is a large world of hot oceans and steaming, oppressive jungle. The notoriously ferocious wildlife and flora, coupled with a dangerously hot climate, make any habitation or industry on The Prime dangerous and highly problematic. Some resource-gathering enterprises subsist, reaping benefits from the substantial risk, but barring infrequent scientific exploration, few Zebulites ever visit its verdant surface.
Last edited by erilar on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

The Unified Force Academy

Post by erilar »

The Unified Force Academy

The UFA is one of the many small, independent jedi academies dispersed across the galaxy. The Zebulon academy largely teaches a view of the Force which poses that there is no light or dark side to the Force – only the Unifying Force.

The Unified Force tenants maintain that the Force itself does not have sides or take sides. Moreover, the Force doesn’t flow from living beings, but rather through them. One of the hotly debated sticking points of this philosophy is, given this last position, whether the Force is created by life or the other way around.

Also, as a consequence of this flow-and-tide vision of the Force, Unified Force adherents tend to focus on the flow of time and the fulfillment of destiny, and visions of the future are treated with particular importance.
erilar

Master Edan Photana

Post by erilar »

Master Edan Photana

Jedi Master Edan Photona is a founding member and long-time fixture at the Unified Force Academy. Master Photana provides a challenging contrast and perspective to the core teachings at the UFA. Unlike many of the senior masters at the Zebulon Academy, Photana eschews the Unified Force philosophy, instead cautioning students to be mindful of the Living Force. According to Master Photana, jedi should live in the moment, trust in their instincts, and open their minds to living things and their contributions to (and interactions with) the greater Force.

Focusing on the Unified Force, Photana suggests, is a slippery slope, and can lead to a misguided view that the universe follows a preordained, benevolent script. Might not Unified Force followers then, inadvertently and over time, cause harm through inaction, complacency, or confidence that regardless of more minor events, the Force and destiny will provide a positive outcome? Furthermore, Photana argues, the dark side is not a corruption of the Force flowing through an imperfect being – it is conversely a facet and character of the Living Force, and one which must be diligently guarded against, both internally within oneself, and externally in the world around us all.

Master Phontana’s most recent padawan learner is a young student named Rade Gasa.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Dude, this sounds awesome. Great job!
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Re: Zebulon Beta

Post by NukeHavoc »

I like it. I suggest placing this system in the Outer Rim; this gives it a respectable amount of distance from the Jedi Council on Couresant, and also puts it on the front lines of the Mandalorian invasion when we move to that part of the campaign.

erilar wrote:Zebulon Beta

Zebulon is a rare binary planet in the provincial Vargis Tau system. Zebulon Beta, the home of nearly the entirety of Vargis Tau’s population is, in technical terms, actually a moon of its larger sister, Zebulon Prime. Their orbits are so intertwined, however, that the pair swing around the orange sun of Vargis Tau in precise synchronization.

Due to its slow orbit around “the Prime”, “Zeb” Beta loses one day of sunlight every two months, dropping the temperature of the planet 50 degrees and treating the inhabitants to 75 hours of darkness and snowy chill – a fact of life that Beta denizens have always called simply, the Darkness.

Zebulon Beta is otherwise a temperate, fertile, and rather resource-rich world. Due to their ecological foresight, this colonized world enjoys an unusually pure fresh water supply. Moreover, the world is also rich in mineral content. Even though most of the minerals are highly dispersed and difficult to harvest, the side effect is atypically rich soil and a booming agricultural industry.

Zebulon Prime, by contrast, is a large world of hot oceans and steaming, oppressive jungle. The notoriously ferocious wildlife and flora, coupled with a dangerously hot climate, make any habitation or industry on The Prime dangerous and highly problematic. Some resource-gathering enterprises subsist, reaping benefits from the substantial risk, but barring infrequent scientific exploration, few Zebulites ever visit its verdant surface.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Re: Campaign Background Info

Post by erilar »

Test post - I seem to still have access to private forums.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Test post - I seem to still have access to private forums.
Yep, that bug is fixed:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2434
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Test test. Forums worky for Damon...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Test post - I seem to still have access to private forums.
Although technically, the Star Wars forum is public...
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote: Although technically, the Star Wars forum is public...
Oh. I knew that... :oops:
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Binary Transports, Inc.
Type: Business
Enemies and Allies: The founders of Binary Transports currently have a lean on them. The lean was placed by the Deadstars who have already made several attempts to collect. The crew also had several run-ins with the Pirates of Zebulon Prime; however they have not been seen in some time. Fortunately, they have also been able to gain several allies during these events including the United Force Academy, and the local government of Zebulon Beta.
Scale: 3 (City Area)
Organization Score Criteria:
Positive Criteria
Negative Criteria
Titles, Benefits and Duties:
Roleplaying Applications:
Assests: Aeon Harrier, Grey Lurker (Temp. Name), GE3 (Protocol Droid), P373 (Power Droid)
Notable Members: Trenn “Highlife” Zentine, Zulen Tek, Shim’kworr, Baden Rana