Loot?

Our KOTOR campaign.
erilar

Loot?

Post by erilar »

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much cash each character has earned? I haven't been keeping track. :?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: Loot?

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Does anyone have a rough idea of how much cash each character has earned? I haven't been keeping track. :?
Not of the top of my head, sorry.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I have some notes at home. We should be able to figure it out at the game.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Based on my notes, Baden's recieved a total of 3345 credits since the campaign began, from the missions he participated in.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Actually, Jon's post illustrates a good question. How are we handling loot?

Everyone gets the same experience if they are at the table or not so we maintain the same level. I'd suggest credits being done the same way, representing what the character was doing off scene. I say this because I know it's highly important for a character like Baden who needs the equipment upgrades now and again to stay on target.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, we can certainly discuss it tonight, but when I said "from the missions he participated in", I meant that from a story perspective. What I had actually done was keep track of any credits you guys posted in the forums, and assumed I got a similar cut. ;)

So, this total may not be exactly accurate, but I believe it has kept me on par with the rest of the gang. For instance, when we played a few weeks ago, in the Twilek world junkyard, I certainly felt that my combat effectiveness, from both an offensive and defensive point of view, were equal to others in the group.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Besides, for any real important purchases (big armor or heavy weapons) we should probably have all that happen in game, much like the acquisition of the Infinite Regress.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote:What I had actually done was keep track of any credits you guys posted in the forums, and assumed I got a similar cut. ;)
I seem to remember Ken saying this was his intention for both XP and credits.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:I seem to remember Ken saying this was his intention for both XP and credits.
Exactly so. Our schedules are too chaotic to have strict adherence to XP and credit advancement IMHO. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange