XBL This Week

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

XBL This Week

Post by erilar »

Ken, when will you be back for some larger-group XBL?

Cory and I have been doing some ODST co-op. Once you beat the campaign, a new campaign "level" called Mombasa Streets is opened up. It's basically just all of the city, open for exploration with all the big city-block doors unlocked. Perfect for exploring around and looking for the audioclips.

We'd also like to try some Firefight, and ODST campaign co-op on Legendary.

We've also been talking about Team Fortress. I know Jon said he just got Orange Box - do you still have your copy, Ken?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: XBL This Week

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Ken, when will you be back for some larger-group XBL?
Short answer: I don't know. Sue's eager to get moving on the game room, and I have a bunch of crap to sort through. I might be able to squeeze in an hour on Wednesday night.
We've also been talking about Team Fortress. I know Jon said he just got Orange Box - do you still have your copy, Ken?
Yes, I still have this.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Short answer: I don't know. Sue's eager to get moving on the game room, and I have a bunch of crap to sort through. I might be able to squeeze in an hour on Wednesday night.
Whatcha doing to the gaming room?
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote: I might be able to squeeze in an hour on Wednesday night.
Heather and I are going into NYC tomorrow, so Wed is out for me.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Whatcha doing to the gaming room?
Re-painting. Re-carpeting. Possibly tearing out a bookshelf and adding some new shelving units. Getting a new desk.

We're looking at this for the wall where the TV used to be (so it would be to your right as you come in the Game Room door, next to the light):

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10103093

And then something like this (but without the glass covers) in the corner where the exisiting bookshelf used to be (over by my end of the table, where I keep the board games and my Dungeon/Dragon/Kobold Quarterly magazines):

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39864129

My crappy existing desk would be replace by a 7.5 foot one (or thereabouts). The idea is to make the space a lot more functional, and give us some more/better storage options. It'll still be the game room, but it'll be better. Faster. Stronger. Game-ier.

BUT ... even having moved the bulk of my stuff out of the room, I still have a lot of stuff to go through (especially if we're serious about getting rid of the existing bookhself. Stuff like campaign notes from the mid-1990s, a footlocker full of old PC games, etc. Some of it is stuff I want to keep (like my Blackrazor Campaign notes) but some of it can go (like my copy of Starfleet Academy from what, 1999?)

Oh, and then we get to do it all again for Sue's office/craft room.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange