Ken re. Twilight Alliance

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Ken re. Twilight Alliance

Post by erilar »

Ken, I wanted to give you a formal invite to our WoW guild, Twilight Alliance. I let the officers know that a r/l friend of mine has started playing, and you're very welcome. Everyone is especially jazzed that you rolled a mage, as we need cloth-wearers desperately. :)

TA is literally *our* guild now. For a while, we (the 5 players that I'd originally levelled to 50 with) joined Vengeful Essence. The VE guild leader recently left, and we reformed under our old TA name, bringing almost all the coolest VE chars with us. The guild leader is my school buddy Mike, who I've known since like 2nd grade. Plus, our guild tabard design kicks total ass.

Either give me a /tell when you see me online, or /tell to one of the following characters (when they are not in an instance dungeon):
Gorius (Mike)
Dantilus (Mike)
Mavian
Jandari
Eloi

Doing for instance "/who Gorius" would tell you if G was online and where he was at the moment. Just let them know you are the r/l friend of Erilar who's just signed onto WoW.

There won't be tons of low-level people to group with, but as you get into the high teens/early 20's, there will be. Don't be afraid to say on the guild chat "anyone interested in questing in XY zone?" or "doing YZ instance?"

You'll quickly find that the guild chat channel is a lot of fun and that the people are really friendly and hilarious.

Costs nothing to join the guild, except that if you want a guild tabard it'll cost you 1gp. Erilar will pay for yours sometime when I'm online as a "welcome to WoW" present.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

thanks! I'm not sure when I'll be on seriously again -- probably not until the weekend, as I need to work on the campaign tonight and tomorrow, but once I'm on, I'll send out the appropriate hellos. :)

Ken
erilar

Post by erilar »

Cool. BTW, Jon and I are using Skype for voice communication. It's working out pretty well. So, even if we're adventuring in different areas, we can still chitchat hands-free.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

cool. I'm on skype as well -- my username is "nuketown".
Jonkga

Ken's in the guild!

Post by Jonkga »

Last night, while helping Ken do the princess and Hogger quests, I got Jandari to invite Zil into the guild. So, we're all there now!

w00t!

Jon
erilar

Post by erilar »

Awesome - welcome, Zil! Sorry I couldn't make the Hogger fun. Movie night, and some discipline issues with Zack.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Awesome - welcome, Zil! Sorry I couldn't make the Hogger fun. Movie night, and some discipline issues with Zack.
No problem -- I know how it goes. Are there any other members of the guild that are newbies like me (or have low level characters like me?)

I'm now 11th.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Not that I know of, but I've played precious little since we reformed TA. There are a lot of people with lower-level alts though. You'll level very quickly through your teens, and then the fun starts when we're all grouping to take on instances.

Hurry up, and you can join Quandaran and Urabus in Blackfathom Deeps in a few levels! ;) Seriously, take your time. Explore, have fun, and smell the (virtual) roses. For a while I was not enjoying the game because I was too worried about keeping up. There will always be people in the guild with similarly-leveled characters to group with.

On top of that, if it seems too tough for Zil to catch up, the three of us can always create new characters to play when the three of us are available.

If you're stuck, or are doing a quest that requires a group, or are just in want of company, don't be afraid to ask on the chat channel. Remember, people might be playing higher level characters, but have lower level alts.

Remember, our philosophy is also to challenge the lower level players. So, rather than asking for help with a quest, ask is anyone would be interested in joining you. Our reasoning behind this guideline is that if people are twinked (heldheld) through all the hard parts of the game, they will never learn to play their characters well, and effectively practice their group role.

That said, we are a very friendly, social guild. Simply ask if anyone would be up for joining you on X quest or for Y instance dungeon, and you're bound to get takers. Anything is better than LFG'ing (looking for group) on the General chat. 90% of the time, the people you get are idiots, micreants, or both...
EvilGenius

I saw Dantilus again last night ....

Post by EvilGenius »

I was in IronForge last night and saw Dantilus. He told me that pallys look good in the guild tabard.

Not being one to pass up that opportunity, I told him that i was flattered but he's not my type.

Heh. Making friends and influencing people in the real world and the virtual world!

WAHOOO!!!! :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Heh - that's my school buddy, Mike. (Gorius by night.) He has a great sense of humor - no worries there.

In case anyone cares, he's also probably commenting on the specific design. We were purposefully going for a "good guy" look, with a night elven feel. Hence, good-guy white for a background, and the world tree Teldrassil in midnight blue for a device. :)

Also, Twilight Alliance refers to our largely night elven heritage, and obviously that we swear allegiance to the Alliance.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, tarrek looks pretty awesome in the tabard right now, as all his mail is in silvers and blues. I had Quendaran make him a white shirt, too, to replace the red on, so now he's all, whites, metalics, and blues, with a few gold and bronze highlights -- very cool for only 25th lvl -- escpecially as he's too low for any of the uber sets.