Batman: Arkham Asylum

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
EvilGenius

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Post by EvilGenius »

I was just thinking of firing this up again since I completed dragon age. :). I really want to get the last few translations from jeramiah arkham ....
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Man, could you imagine this game as a co-op with batman, nightwing, robin and batgirl/huntress/black canary? Frickin awesome. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

Well, the devs know that co-op is the new hawtness, and B:AA2 has been announced. We can dream... :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I finished the main campaign story last night in this (Batman: Arkham Asylum). I must say, this game doesn't disappoint. It did get harder (specifically the fights), but I hung in there, and I really enjoyed the story.

Now, I've got 5 riddler clues to track down! So much fun!
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Finished tracking down all the riddler clues, trophies, arkham translations, etc. today. Very cool. Simply more reasons why this is such a good game...
erilar

Post by erilar »

This game is the bomb. I just love how the melee combat flows - so sublime. Can't wait to unlock more melee options as my skill with the controls improves.

I'm also really enjoying the challenge of systematically taking down a room full of heavily-armed guys. You're both fragile and incredibly dangerous - but as long as you're smart, the thugs don't stand a chance.

On a story/immersion front, Mark Hamill is simply brilliant. Through him, the Joker manages to be nearly omnipresent. Great stuff.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:This game is the bomb. I just love how the melee combat flows - so sublime. Can't wait to unlock more melee options as my skill with the controls improves.

I'm also really enjoying the challenge of systematically taking down a room full of heavily-armed guys. You're both fragile and incredibly dangerous - but as long as you're smart, the thugs don't stand a chance.

On a story/immersion front, Mark Hamill is simply brilliant. Through him, the Joker manages to be nearly omnipresent. Great stuff.
Agreed on all counts. Enjoy!