Magic Expansion Pack 2

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
Jonkga

Magic Expansion Pack 2

Post by Jonkga »

Magic: the Gathering's Expansion Pack 2 is out for XBLA. Even if you don't pick up the entire expansion pack be sure to download the free multiplayer addon version of the Expansion Pack 2 so that you can play well with others who have downloaded the new stuff (like me).
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Jonkga

Re: Magic Expansion Pack 2

Post by Jonkga »

BTW, it seems there is an update to the game itself that they are calling a "new version" that the game asks you to download when you next play it. They've updated some of the artwork, and changed some basic things, like putting a small number on top of your stacks of lands so that you know at a glance how many are there. Mostly small refinements that make the gameplay smoother.

Also, there are avatar items ofr fully unlocking decks of cards.

Also, it seems you can now buy decks if you don't have the time to unlock them through play. No different decks that you get through play, just an alternative if you dont want to unlock them through play. Me, I wont be buying any, but others might want/need to. To each his own.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Wow - numbers on top of stacks of land - I've been wanting that forever. Good improvement!

As always, avatar items = win. Except the only deck I have unlocked is mono-Black, so my avatar will probably become all evile. :D

Very smart of them to add the feature to unlock decks - good new revenue stream for them. I may (?) unlock some, as I am having difficulty finding enough time to unlock them and also make progress on my other games. Still, I think that playing a deck enough to unlock it also gives you enough time with it to learn how to play it well.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Very smart of them to add the feature to unlock decks - good new revenue stream for them. I may (?) unlock some, as I am having difficulty finding enough time to unlock them and also make progress on my other games. Still, I think that playing a deck enough to unlock it also gives you enough time with it to learn how to play it well.
I've found that insomnia is the key to unlocking decks. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Also, you can now unlock cards in more than just the basic campaign, so it should be easier/quicker to unlock decks.