Starting Level for the Mandaloran Wars

Our KOTOR campaign.
NukeHavoc

Starting Level for the Mandaloran Wars

Post by NukeHavoc »

We talked about this briefly on Friday, but I wanted to revisit it in the forums. The question was asked what level our characters will be when we return to the main campaign. We'd originally said that we'd be 10th level, but I'd like to suggest 9th instead. It's a logical progression from the 8th-level Mandalorians, it's a little easier for me to manage (as opponents will be slightly lower level) and it extends the life of the campaign a bit (by giving us more levels to play with during the Jedi Civil War, aka the final part of the KOTOR campaign).

9th level still gives everyone two levels of a prestige class. IIRC that gives folks +1 talent and +1 feat, as well as class abilities. I'm not opposed to skipping to 10th level but I suggest if we do that, we stay at 10th level a little longer than normal to make things easier for me to GM. Saga Edition is no where near as complicated to GM at higher levels, but the higher we go, the greater the overhead. Given how busy work has been, and that we're heading into the start of the semester, I wouldn't mind having things be a bit easier on the Star Wars front. :)

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Starting Level for the Mandaloran Wars

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

9th is fine with me.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

And I do have to say that I'm looking forward to getting back to the main campaign. I've been reading through my old notes, preparing to bring back some old friends, rivals, etc. I think this is going to be a blast. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:I'd like to suggest 9th instead.
Don't make me no never mind.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Well, you know me and levels in SW - I was going to suggest 12th. :twisted:

Seriously, given my druthers, I'd choose 10th over 9th, but I'm not violently opposed to 9th. Especially if that means quicker level progression, as I feel that we've been moving levels a bit slow (although that could be more a result of our intermittent schedule and my inability to play every session).

I am probably going to bring in a second character as well (at least one other) to give me the chance to play some different classes/builds. I will still have Baden kicking around, but I may want some different play experiences, so I may bring in some other guys to allow that.

Also, as work (and interest) may keep me from attending every session, I certainly defer to the group and am fine with a 9th level start.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost