XBL Tuesday and Halo: Reach!

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

Re: XBL Tuesday and Halo: Reach!

Post by erilar »

Lars Porsenna wrote: in the meantime, If I'm a seething ball of jealousy, don't mind me...
Well, I doubt that this one will wear itself out anytime soon. I'll be very glad to jump in with you and "finish the fight" next week. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Mine came today.
erilar

Post by erilar »

"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:Heh - this one was for us! :lol:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/9/15/
Awesome! :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Also, this weekend is a Free Gold Weekend on XBLA - meaning that if you have the free Silver membership to Xbox Live, you get all the benefits of being a Gold member this weekend. So, if that's keeping you from joining us for some online Halo goodness, here's your first one, it's free. :twisted:
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So I was cruising through the campaign at a nice, steady pace. Then I forgot to save my progress (I was at the second rally point for the level). Instead of going back through all that again, I decided just to load up where I was and move on. Little did I know, I had changed the difficulty to Heroic when we were attempting to play co-op. I was doing ok, but dying a lot more. It took me a while to figure out what was happening, but even with all the deaths I was progressing. Then I hit a room with 4 elites. I've been there for the last two hours of gameplay dying over and over and over. I just can't do it! I've tried different guns, different tactics, but nothing works. Sure, I can kill one or two of them, but then I die and have to start all over. In the past I was able to kill a few, back off to find a save point, then kill a few more. There's nothing in the room to allow this!

So I guess I have to start the level all over again. I just can't believe how significantly harder Heroic is over Normal. Who are these people who play on Legendary and say it's not hard enough?