Character Write-ups Needed: Prug, Salsar

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

Character Write-ups Needed: Prug, Salsar

Post by NukeHavoc »

Since we're ditching the wiki, I'd like to return to plugging holes in the GriffCrier. One thing I'm trying to do is make sure we have entries for each of the Dark City characters (yes, I'll add Westmarks too; that's a separate project).

I'm missing write-ups on two characters: Prug and Salsar. I'd appreciate it if Bob and Nate could post summaries about them; just a paragraph would be fine (though more is always better).

Thanks!

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Prug "The Thrice Risen"

Post by EvilGenius »

Prug is a half-orc from the Wild Coast. He was raised among his orc tribe, and along with them, was pressed into service by a band of Hextorites, The Knights of the Iron Nation.

Taken to their stronghold, Tyrant's Heart, Prug was a menial grunt, assigned mostly to guarding low risk prisoners. This is where Prug learned something about moral philosophy, from a few dwarven builders who were being held prisoner.

The dwarves were treated well and allowed a certain degree of freedom for consulting on the construction of Tyrant's Heart (and even paid for their service). Finding an open young mind, the dwarves decided to see if the half orc could be taught to reject his tribe's brutality, and begain teaching Prug the concepts of morality, respect and mercy.

At the same time, Prug was also chosen to participate in an experimental training program run by a monk at Tyrant's Heart.

This monk took to training Prug in the art of combat, but soon became disgusted at Prug's newly moral outlook. Prug escaped on a supply ship just before his masters were planning on having him kiled.

The ship took him to Blue, and finding that he wasn't welcome there
either, Prug headed to Obsidian Bay. Though he kept to himself, there was another adventurer sharing the journey to OB, a young paladin, Gryyffudd, who would later become a good friend to Prug.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thanks -- we should have write-ups for all of the Dark City PCs now.
http://www.griffcrier.com/people/campai ... d=darkcity

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange