Super Mario Galaxy Loaner?

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
NukeHavoc

Super Mario Galaxy Loaner?

Post by NukeHavoc »

Does anyone still have Super Mario Galaxy ... and if so, could we borrow it? We're almost to the end of the game (only one power star left!), but our disc has suffered from the last two years of heavy use, and we're having a hard time finishing some of the final worlds. If not, no big deal -- I'm sure I can pick up a cheap copy of the game, but I thought I'd ask.

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Super Mario Galaxy Loaner?

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Sorry, I gave my copy to my cousins for Christmas last year. Is there a place you can get the disc cleaned/repaired? I know hollywood video/Gamecrazy used to do it for like $2.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Definitely check out the buffer/reconditioning thing that Cory referred to (GameStop and the others he mentioned). They will take care of failures caused by hazy shallow surface scratches - especially those in a radial direction. Deep scratches in the direction of the data (circular direction) usually kill that part of the disc.

I think Zack may still have a copy - will check tonight.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I should have noted above: Hollywood video/Gamecrazy are no longer in business. Not sure who else currently does disc repairs.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Ken, sorry I forgot to reply. I checked and we no longer have a copy.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Ken, sorry I forgot to reply. I checked and we no longer have a copy.
Thanks for checking!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange