Mods?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

Mods?

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jon mentioned mods. Lance has mentioned mods before. So my question is ... what mods are you using and where can I find them? (my other question would be whether they'll work on the Mac ... but I can answer that myself later...)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'm doing this from work, so I don't have all me WoW resources here with me, so this is mostly form memory -- we can fill in details later.

Mods are almost essential to the WoW gaming experience. There is a great site through worldofwr.net (I don't recall the exact address right now), that has downloads of the AddOns (or Mods) available free. There are lots, but not all are necessary. I only use a few.

Gatherer allows my minimap to populate with nodes for mining, chests that spawn randomly etc.

Clock puts a clock on my minimap.

Redcolor causes my hotkeys to "redout" when they are out of range -- for example a spell's button will be red when I'm out of range, and then turn normal color when I get in range.

there are many more I don't remember, and Lance can talk more about this.

Our guild has resources about mods they use, too, and are a great source for help in this regard.

J
erilar

Post by erilar »

Here are the ones I'm using:

General:
Atlas - adds maps to the instance dungeons
AutoShoutOut - your character verbally announces when low on health or mana
FishEase - hakes casting, switching gear, etc way easier when fishing
Gatherer - remembers where you've gathered resources and marks your maps
myClock - adds a small clock to teh minimap
QuestLevels - adds numeric difficulty levels to quest log and makes text scroll faster
Range Color - tints buttons when powers are out of range or if your mana is insufficient
Spell Alert - lets you know what spell a creep is trying to cast (WoW spellcraft)
Telo's Quickloot - Moves loot window to under your cursor
Telo's SelfCast - Hold down alt and hit a hotkey to target yourself with spell

Warriors:
SunderThis - counts how many times you've Sunder Armor'd a mob
BuffStatus - required for SunderThis

Hunters:
BC Aspect Menu - puts all of the hunter Aspects on a drop-down button to save button space
BCUI - Tracking - does same thing for hunter tracking options

Other
CT_RaidAssist - helpful when organizing a raid (multiple groups banding together to go after a dungeon, etc)
Last edited by erilar on Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to mess with these yet (decided to clean my desk yesterday instead) but I will download 'em at some point this week.