New PC: Sir Krovacar Fawkes

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
setanta14

New PC: Sir Krovacar Fawkes

Post by setanta14 »

Sir Krovacar Fawkes is a paladin of Wee Jas from the Duchy of Urnst. He has spent the last few years as a questing knight, seeking to right the wrongs of the careless use of magic, destroying undead, offering funerary rites over the faithful deceased, and finding wayward shrines or other holy places of Wee Jas forgotten for centuries. He began his worship of Wee Jas in childhood, his parents both being wizards in Seltaren, and his grandmother and aunts are members of the clergy at the temple in Radigast City. He had always been impressed with the temple guard, known as the Order of Bone, while visiting his extended family. He also learned of other sects, The Company of the Invisible Fire, who would accompany higher ranking clergymembers while travelling, and the enigmatic Keepers, the secretive loremasters of the faith. As an athletic and devout youth with a desire to see the wonders of the world beyond the Urnst states, he sought membership in the Company of the Invisible Fire. While he trained to hone his martial skills, he also prayed often for guidance from his patron Goddess. It was during the night before he left on his first assignment with the Company that he received the guidance he had been looking for while kneeling in prayer before the Grand Altar in Radigast. He fealt the power and presence of his Deity, and what Her will for him was... the next morning he set out to fulfill his destiny.

I drew on material from Of Oerth and Altar- Wee Jas: The Lady of Book and Bone, an article in Oerth Journal #7 {http://www.oerthjournal.com/oerthjournals/OJ_07.pdf}, by Nathan Irving (Nellisir) in creating this character, particularly this phrase: "When Wee Jas allowed good-aligned priests (some centuries ago), they wore robes of deepest ebony interwoven with strands of silver, some of which are still preserved in the older temples."

Krovacar Fawkes (Sir Fawkes) is an extremely rare paladin of Wee Jas, one of the very few LG members of an already limited faith. His concept is basically that of being either a member of the remnant of those LG clergy of old, or else a lone figure trying to ressurect the LG aspect of Wee Jas worshipped centuries ago.

As a paladin of a Goddess with the Death domain, he would be mainly concerned with ensuring that the faithful find a peaceful and painless death not before their time, and that their souls safely reach the Beyond, as well as protecting their Oerthly remains from rising as mindless or chaotic undead. As far as Wee Jas' Magic domain (Her primary focus), as a paladin, he would be concerned with the protection of both the divine and arcane spellcasters of Her Faith, and would have a deep respect and understanding of magic in general, with ranks in Knowledge(arcana) and Spellcraft being desirable. Wee Jas is also extremely lawful, and thus that axis of the alignment would be stressed in terms of adhering to the religeous rituals, restrictions, and the hierarchy of the faith. For the Vanity aspect of Wee Jas, I see this as making a paladin devoted to Her as being more prideful and vane(whether in his own abilities, or those of his Goddess assuming She can master such powers as Magic and Death).
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Character updates: I got rid of the Combat Expertise feat since his AC is already pretty good, and he won't be pursuing other feats on that tree anyway. I took True Believer(CD) instead (+3 to a Save 1/day), and I'll probably take Great Fervor(Dragon Magazine GH regional) at 6th level (may reroll a failed save 1/day adding Wisdom modifier, but must accept second roll) or maybe Divine Vigor, Divine Might, or Pious Soul.