New PC: TBA

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

New PC: TBA

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I have an idea forming for a Warmage if thats ok. If so I'd like him to be "retired" from war service. I would just need a country for him to come from. One "friendly" with OB. I was thinking he could have recently purchased a house in the adventurer's quarter and just moved in. (Just not sure how much that would cost...)

Also, could someone explain the deferences between Flan, Soul and Backlunish humans. I need this info for Rex's background as well. Thanks.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

FLan: think agrarian rustics. Technically Flan are supposted to be IIRC Ethiopian with a heavy Amerindian admixture, with a little Celtic mysticism. I never picture them as Ethiopian, and I think the latest versions portray them as Amerindian.

Baklunish: A medieval Arabo-Turkic-Persian mish-mash.

Oeridian: Best comparison are germanic invaders.

Suel: Best comparison is ancient Rome, though that's a very broad type of comparison. Pale skin with light hair. Perhaps a better comparison would be to the Atlanteans. Ancient, powerful civilization that grew corrupt.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Suel: Ancient Assyrians or Babylonians, but appear physically what we would consider Nordic

Oeridian: These are more like Romans than the Suel, or the Romanized Germanic tribes in their aggressive empire building over the last several centuries (Great Kingdom).

Rex, being from the Bandit Kingdoms, would likely be an Oeridian/Flan mix.