New PC: Calarandil Tilmarion

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
EvilGenius

New PC: Calarandil Tilmarion

Post by EvilGenius »

So with the current party make up, we still need a rogue. But we need a rogue who can stay alive. :)

So I made up a rogue/swashbuckler to take over for the stilled Wind.
I don't have him with me right now, but he came out very well. Much more deadly than Wind, better to hit, damage, AC and hitpoints. Skills are also good (18 Dex and 16 Int helps a lot).

Calarandil is from Highfolk. Before the Wars, he travelled widely in the human lands, never staying too long, picking up just a smattering of info here and there. He's been away from his homeland for quite a long time (by human standards), but he finds the variety of the human lands to be fascinating, and he just can't seem to tear himself away.

Calarandil is well spoken and obviously intelligent, though he does suffer from a distinct lack of tact. He's in some ways a typical elf, seeminly carefree and urbane, but when necessary, he displays a deadly seriousness.

More later.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Sounds good to me. And it could work out well with what I've got in mind ...

Do you see him as a new arrival to the city, or someone who's been around for a while?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Calarandil is very new to OB, having just come here from Blue, which was not to his liking at all (For pity's sake, it's a port town, why can't any of them seem to ever bathe!? Does even the rain miss them?)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Calarandil is very new to OB, having just come here from Blue, which was not to his liking at all (For pity's sake, it's a port town, why can't any of them seem to ever bathe!? Does even the rain miss them?)
ok, cool!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Being from Highfolk, it sounds like he would be a riverboat or Nyr Dyv style swashbuckler, perhaps travelling with the Rhenee occasionaly.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

He's travelled widely among humans, but learned his swashbuckling ways mostly from blending traditional elvish swordplay and "courtly" combat styles from the urban centers in Veluna and Furyondy.

The Rhenee are "charming" but they're a strange human culture. They build no great cities, they wield no powerful magic and worship no widely accessable gods. In short, in the measure of civilization, the Rhenee don't score very high. :)

The current great nations, the ancient Suel, Baklunish and Oeridian cultures, those are the human cultures that facinate him.
setanta14 wrote:Being from Highfolk, it sounds like he would be a riverboat or Nyr Dyv style swashbuckler, perhaps travelling with the Rhenee occasionaly.