Arkham

Risk 2210, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, etc.
EvilGenius

Arkham

Post by EvilGenius »

Speaking of game strategies, I'd also like to plan an Arkham game where our main strategy is to defeat the Old One in combat at the end of the game. I absolutely know how apocryphal this is for a hardcore Mythos fan. But I think it'd be fun to try!!

I envision it like this: we choose the bad guy, we choose our characters, we work to build up whatever we need to defeat the bad guy (spells, weapons, followers, blessings, etc), then we let him come and roll those dice, baby!!
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Re: Arkham

Post by erilar »

Sounds fun! We choose the danger! :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: Arkham

Post by NukeHavoc »

I agree; it's just back to a question of time. Memorial Day Weekend could work for this or Risk 2210. If not, we should still go ahead an pick some future date. I think Arkham would work better as an afternoon game on a Saturday or Sunday, so we can start fresher and avoid the bleary-eyed "who's turn is it anyway?" conversations at 2 a.m...
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange