Borderlands 2: Which expansions to get?

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
NukeHavoc

Borderlands 2: Which expansions to get?

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm starting to play Borderlands 2 again and I see there's a hell of a lot of DLC out for it. Unfortunately there's more content than I have disk space -- I've got about 3 GB available. With that in mind, what's the "must get" DLC for Borderland 2?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Re: Borderlands 2: Which expansions to get?

Post by erilar »

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (the D&D-themed one) is the only expansion that Gearbox actually wrote and created - the others were subcontracted. I hear that TTAoDK is the best one, although the others are decent (Torgue seems to be the low point per the internets). I haven't played any of them yet, but Jon and Cory have.

I only plan to play TT (if I ever finish the main quests). It is one that doesn't scale to your level (some of the others do) - I think it starts at level 30? Google it. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: Borderlands 2: Which expansions to get?

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thanks. I see that there are two expansions that increase the level limit and add some new content. I'm interested in those but I haven't hit the limit with my siren yet (I think she's level 41).

I've been playing my assassin and gunzerker recently but I have to say I still like the siren the best. Her powers just seem to really fit my play style, which is basically chaos + bullets + my very favorite gun (though I suppose that's true of all of us to some extent. :))
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange