Ken - female dwarven mage
Damon - male tiefling warlock
Nate - male human fighter
Jim - ??
Lance - human druid
Zac - wizard or sorcerer
Cory - Halfling fighter
Eric - gnome rogue
Last edited by EvilGenius on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Re: 5e Playtest Characters

Post by erilar »

Are we using the variant Feat rules? I'm referring to the one where you can forgo an ability score increase to learn a Feat.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:Are we using the variant Feat rules? I'm referring to the one where you can forgo an ability score increase to learn a Feat.
Yes, I like Feats. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm going with the original fighter. "Lucky" Luca Tumblebelly, Halfling Fighter.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

That's still ok, Cory. :)
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

No, Human Male Fighter with Commoner (Forester) background.
setanta14 wrote:Ok, my character is a forester, probably from around Harpender in the Phostwood, being descended from the Tenha refugees who fled there to escape the Ethereal Horde in 593 CY, and have remained there since adapting to woodland life.

http://ghmaps.net/tag/tehn/
http://ghmaps.net/tag/phostwood/
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20040629a
EvilGenius wrote:To recap, so far we've got:

Ken - female dwarven mage
Damon - male tiefling warlock
Nate - male elven paladin
Jim - ??
Lance - human druid
Zac - wizard or sorcerer
Cory - dragonborn(?) fighter
Eric - gnome rogue
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ahh, righto Nate. I've updated the character list.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Hopefully I can make it, but Jenn might be working a late shift, so then it depends if Mom can babysit.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Everyone, I need to roll a d12 and pm me your results. No result is better than another, ie, you're not trying to get over a certain number. Please do this sooner rather than later. 8)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Can everyone post their "Heart of Darkness" characters to this list so I can add them to the wiki?

* Name
* Race
* Brief Summary
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erose914

Post by erose914 »

Erk Folkor
Forest Gnome
Male
Rogue

Erk spent his childhood in Celadon Forest in the Kingdom of Nyrond. His interactions were largely secluded to his family and the few other forest gnomes in the area, although he occasionally accompanied his father and traded with local elves. During a 'night trip' into town, Erk got separated from his family and ended up very far from his home.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thanks Eric.

and [bump]. Other write-ups are appreciated. Otherwise I'll just nag you for descriptions on Sunday. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Onarra is a female Wood Elf (region undetermined, but local) Rogue, Thief archetype, Urchin background, family unknown with the exception of having grown up with her twin sister Miette. All skills learned the hard way, no guilds or apprenticeships. Not yet adult (only 72 years old), behaves much younger after losing her sister in a supply run gone awry:

In 'liberating' a wizard's home of some surplus items, Onarra and Miette were caught and subjected to arcane torture for several years. Onarra escaped and, when pressed, claims the wizard was "erased". She was unable to recover her sister and is uncertain of her whereabouts. Either through trauma or arcane interference, Onarra believes that she takes a new form every day, and that the same fate befell her sister.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Bannock, Human (Oeridian) Male Ranger Beastmaster 7 Acolyte of Pelor

Name: Bannock
Race: Human (Oeridian)
Class: Ranger, Beastmaster archetype
Background: Acolyte of Pelor

Bannock's ancestors come from the Horned Lands region of the former Empire of Iuz, from even before his rise to power, in and around Kindell and Ixworth, and were proud followers of Pelor, often working within the church. During the wars, his family moved south to avoid the horrible conflict. Bannock was raised in the church in Furyondy, in the lands around Willip on the Nyr Dyv, and is quite faithful, but never took to the organization life in a working church required, and often found himself out-of-doors. Upon coming of age, he was given the opportunity to join an order of rangers connected with the church who had eyes on moving back up north towards and into the Fellreev. He eagerly joined, and spent much time bringing the light north with them. For the past few years, Bannock has gone it mostly alone in the region, bringing the light of Pelor to dark places in the forest and living a subsistence living form outpost of civilization to outpost along the way.

Bannock is a good-sized, brown-bearded, burly man who, while looking much the outdoorsman, also seems to value his appearance, often trying to maintain a clean, bright appearance despite living off the land. He favors bright white and yellows in his dress, almost defying the natural world to darken his light. He travels with a large brown wolf named Cur who seems rather wild at first glance, but also often stands with a bearing that sometimes speaks more of civilization than his species would allow.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Name: Kage Lowleaf
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Farmer (Monk - Way of the Shadow)
Brief Summary:

To most folk Kage is just another halfling, there's really nothing special about him. He doesn't wear any armor or insignia. The only weapon he seems to carry is a common short sword. The rest of his gear is all standard for someone traveling as much as Kage. He continually insists that he is simply a farmer. When asked how he arrived on the elemental plane of water, he's not sure what to say. One day he was on a boat traveling on the Nyr Dyv, and they just ended up here. Since then he's been traveling from ship to ship trading passage for his skills in carpentry and wood working. All the travel was in hopes that one of these ships would get him out of here.

In combat Kage seems to move quite quickly. He's quite a bit faster than your average halfling. There's also times when he'll fade into shadow; and simply appear from another. When he hits with his fists he hits hard. When someone asks him about it, he simply states "Oh? I'm just farm-strong I guess."