Episode 4 Aftermath and Treasure

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
EvilGenius

Episode 4 Aftermath and Treasure

Post by EvilGenius »

The party has retreated out of the section of woods caught in unnatural winter. To make things simple, the party has retreated back toward the raspberry patch, but not all the way to it, in order to rest and recover hp and spells.

Brigga has taken the very stylish White Dragon Coat, which is a non-magical item that provides resistance to non-magical cold.

The party has a Spellbook and a Pearl of Power to divvy up as treasure.

At the next session, all characters should be 5th Level. :)
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Re: Episode IV Aftermath and Treasure

Post by NukeHavoc »

Heh. Forgot to level up. I'll get on that right away...
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Loot from the Standing Stones:

600gp (Theocracy coins)
200sp (coins from the Land of Iuz)

An emerald charm with a crow and a bell on the front and a scepter on the back. (100gp)
Bolt of Silver Cloth (300 gp)
Carved Wooden Staff studded with Electrum (100 gp)
Lacquered Wooden Comb inlaid with Brass (75 gp)
Small Bag of Exotic Spices (100 gp)
Box of Perfumed Candles (10 gp)
Jade locket worth 25gp
Ivory-framed small mirror worth 25gp
A medium-sized gold sculpture of a ring and a lizard. It is in decent condition (100gp)
Carved harp of exotic wood with ivory inlay and zircon gems; solid gold idol (10 lb.) (250gp)
Silver circlet in the form of a snake – its eyes are tiny emeralds, positioned in the middle of the wearer’s forehead (200gp)

A coded Journal like you had found previously.

Nate - Potion of Heroism (from the Dragonborn’s desk. It was with his journal but I don't think anyone ever investigated it, focusing instead on the Journal.)
Potion of Greater Healing
Potion of Hill Giant Strength
Potion of Resistance (Necrotic)

Ken -
You see a thick, tapered wand made of a lustrous silvery metal. There are faint etchings in the metal that call to mind tendrils or maybe smoke of some sort, and they seem to writhe slowly when seen out of the corner of your eye. As you are examining the wand, various parts of it slowly disappear then reappear after a few moments. Several times, an entire middle section of the wand fades away! You pass your hand through the empty space and verify that it is indeed empty space, but instead of falling apart, the two seeming disconnected pieces still behave as though they are one solid item.
Wand of Misty Step, (rare, requires attunement by a spellcaster).This wand has 3 charges. While holding it, you can spend 1 charge as an action to cast the Misty Step spell from it. The wand regains ld3 expended charges daily at dawn.

Damon -
You eye is drawn to a bright patch of deep blue and brilliant white. As you look closer, you realize the white parts are slowly moving though the blue, but it takes a moment for you to recognize what you are looking at. You feel like you are holding a thick cord but the necklace appears to be a loop of clear blue sky, with occasional fluffy white clouds drifting through the deep blue.
Necklace of Adaptation (made out of elemental sky, can speak with birds and understand Auran)

There is a beautiful deep green woolen cloak with faint patterns of lighter browns, reds and yellows worked around the edges. The clasp is a acorn made of gold framed by two jeweled oak leaves. Jareth recognizes the symbol as that of a Knight Captain of the Rangers of the Gnarley Forest, far away to the south. How it ended up here in the Fellreev is a mystery.
Cloak of Elvenkind (Elven make, Compass, Waterborne)

Lance -
You see what appear to be several very large oak leaves covering a helmet sized, somewhat irregularly shaped object, with the leaf stems elongated and twisted into a loop handle. The strange bundle gives off a faint silvery glow, but the light doesn’t behave exactly as you think light should. Rather than illuminating the area, as would a torch, the silvery light seems to just curl around the leaves like some kind of luminescent mist.
You pick up the bundle by the handle and the oak leaves begin to rustle then slide together, neatly stacking one on top of the other, to reveal an irregularly shaped wooden latticework cage. Within the cage you see dozens of small sparks, of all colors, lazily floating within. You see that the entire area around you is now filled with bright silvery light, as though the full moon were right overhead, though the light doesn’t seem to be radiating from the wooden cage, per se. Motion brings your gaze back to the cage as the colored sparks begin to zip around the inside of the cage, faster and faster, until several sparks shoot out through the lattice and strike your companions, outlining them in blue, purple, green or pearlescent light.
Fey Lantern: Faerie Fire as per spell except 30’ radius. Bright Illumination 30’, faint illumination another 10’ radius. This light is moonlight; (Fey made, Unusual Material, Bearer understands the language of Treants).

The Fey Lantern has 6 charges, and regains 1d4+1 charges every day at twilight. The bearer of the Lantern can use an action to expend 1 or more charges to cast one of the following spells: Magic Stone (1 charge), Goodberry (1 charge), Speak with Animals (1 charge), Conjure Animals (3 charges), Speak with Plants (3 charges).

Jim -
You see a fine silk netting. The threads are silver and blue colored silk adorned with tiny moonstone and sapphire chips at each juncture. Though the effect is beautiful, you cannot tell what this item would be used for. Quarion instantly recognizes it as a traditional elven burial shroud, often used for elven nobility. When you spread out the netting, you can see that the silver and blue threading forms a crescent moon pattern, which Quarion explains is the holy symbol of Corellon Larethian, the head of the Elven pantheon.

Corellon’s Shroud has 3 charges and regains all charges every day at midnight.
(Religious, Unbreakable)
If a dying creature is covered by the Shroud the sapphire chips begin to glow softly and the creature is automatically affected by Spare the Dying.
If a dead creature is wrapped in the Shroud the moonstones begin to glow softly and the creature is affected by Gentle Repose (no additional abilities can be used while the Shroud is providing Gentle Repose).
A conscious being covered by the Shroud can use an action to expend 1 or more charges to cast one of the following spells: Sanctuary - 1 charge, Cure Wounds - 1 charge per level, Prayer of Healing - 2 charges, Augury – 2 charges

Edit: Forgot these items:
A wavy bladed dagger with a large ruby in the pommel
A black stone ring flecked with gold
Conscientious - When the bearer of this item contemplates or undertakes a malevolent act, the item enhances pangs of conscience.
Last edited by EvilGenius on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Soooo, you guys can start divvying up treasure ..... ;)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Interested in Cloak of Elvenkind or Necklace of Adaptation.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

Interested in the Fey Lantern.

We need to get to translating that new coded journal ASAP. Let's camp here and Mordai can work all night on it. :wink:
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Upweekis

Post by Upweekis »

I suppose it would be good for me to take Correllon's shroud.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jim, you can certainly opt for the Shroud but I just want to point out that it works for anyone; ie, you don't have to be a cleric to use the Shroud.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Brigga is interested in the follow items:

* Small Bag of Exotic Spices (100 gp)
* Box of Perfumed Candles (10 gp)
* Wand of Misty Step
* Potion of Heroism

Also, did anyone take the Pearl of Power? If not, Brigga would be very interested in that.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I think Zack took the Pearl.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I think Zack took the Pearl.
Oh, that's right. Misty Wand it is then!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Nate, treasure pick?
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Potion of Heroism?