Characters for the Fringer Campaign

Our KOTOR campaign.
NukeHavoc

Characters for the Fringer Campaign

Post by NukeHavoc »

I figured we needed a thread to pull together character concepts for the Fringer Campaign. Here's mine:

Rev Selrok
Shistavanen Scout 1

Rev is a "wolfman" -- an isolationist Fringer race whose notable appearance is in the cantina scene in A New Hope. Like most members of his species, he's aggressive and brutally honest. Unlike them though, he's taken an interest in the larger galaxy. He's learned an important lesson from the massacre at Cathar: his people are not immune to the war in the larger galaxy. If the Mandalorians come to the fringe, even the Shistavanen aggressive impulses and expert survival skills won't save them from the armored warriors.

As such, he's taken it upon himself to beat some sense into the galaxy, pointing out the flaws in their pacifist logic and helping to fight the good fight against the Mandalorians wherever possible.

Rev heard rumors about Binary Transport's involvement in the Mandalorian Wars, particularly their involvement with the Zebulon Beta. It seemed like a corporation who was taking the threat of the Mandalorians seriously, with connections to make a difference in the war if necessary. When he saw a position open for a field scout, he designed on.

Skills: Climb +5, Endurance +5, Initiative +3 (can re-roll but must take the second result), Perception +11, Pilot +5, Ride +3, Stealth +8, Survival +6

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Re: Characters for the Fringer Campaign

Post by EvilGenius »

I don't think I'll make a character for this campaign. As much as I love SW and this system, I don't think I'll be able to play frequently enough for everyone to rely on my participation. If I do get to play a SW game here and there, I'll make a character then. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

And you know, I'll quietly build ships in the background and stuff. :D
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

We probably won't play too often, so why don't you make a character name and give him a specialty. We'll put him in a suit like Leia in RotJ. You can fill in the details later, including race. That way he's on the ship and there for you to drop by... but he's not statted out so you can min-max down the road.

Like we did with Brendan's character Shim the Wookiee.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

AJ-88

Custom droid Scoundrel 1

AJ-88 (also known as "Ayjay" amongst his friends) was once a security droid Binary picked up for cheap. I mean, at a heavy discount. Little did the company know that in the decades since he came on-line, AJ's memory has never been wiped, and he picked up a slight "flutter" along the way. Recognizing that the droid was self-aware, and the price was so cheap, Binary decided to bring him on as an employee rather than as company property. Recognizing his diverse skills, Binary thought they had a real deal in this droid...until they found the reason for his bargain-basement price: he has a lousy, very literal personality...

AJ is trained in Deception, Gather Information, Mechanics, Pilot & Use Computer.

Damon.
Last edited by Lars Porsenna on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Please post a few key skills for your characters too. For BT characters we should know why you were hired to work on the ship. For Jedi so you can have a master to complement your training.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Ozinqas
Male Xexto Scout 1

Ozinqas was an accomplished semi-pro pod racer in the Outer Rim before taking up repairing and piloting starships for Binary Transports. He ran afoul of the local Fluggrian crime syndicate when he won the Dug Derby on Malastare, a race he was supposed to throw and come in second (he actually intended to come in second, but the lead racer's pod whom he had yielded to unexpectedly exploded... the Fluggrians were not understanding in the matter). The Besadii clan of Hutts offered to back him against the Fluggrians, but Ozinqas declined, not wanting to get in deeper trouble with even more powerful crime lords, and left the planet on the very next transport, which happened to be destined for Taris.

NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Please post a few key skills for your characters too. For BT characters we should know why you were hired to work on the ship. For Jedi so you can have a master to complement your training.
I added a little more information about Rev, including his notable skills.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I made a Twi'lek Scoundrel to hang around on the ship until needed.

Ware was orphaned at an early age and grew up in and around different twi'lek groups, always fending for himself (orphan background). Surprisingly, he always managed to get by on his own by managing to be in the right place at the right time to take advantage of lucky breaks. Ware always thought he was just lucky, though sometimes he even surprised himself.

As Ware grew, his awareness expanded beyond that of other beings, though he did not realize that others could not do what he did or feel what he felt. Wisely, Ware kept his ability hidden, relying on his reputation for being lucky to explain away anything unusual.

Ware signed onto a ship's crew when he was old enough and has spent some time off world along the Fringe. He's recently talked his way into an interesting outfit called Binary Transports in the capacity of mechanic/bodyguard.

In play, Ware is a Force Sensitive and most of his Feats/Talents will help him to use Force Points to bolster his normal abilities in or out of combat. Ware is never going to become a Jedi or wield a lightsaber. Instead, he's going to pull of that nearly impossible blaster shot, or warn his companions of sudden danger, or just know how to best persuade someone to help them out.

Che'Warat Luroon (Ware) CL 1

Medium Twi'lek scoundrel 1
Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Use the Force +8
Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese, Lekku, Ryl

Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 13), Fort 13, Will 11
hp 17; Threshold 13

Speed 6 squares
Melee survival knife -1 (1d6-1)
Ranged blaster pistol +2 (3d6) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +2 (3d8)
Base Atk +0; Grp +2
Atk Options Point Blank Shot

Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 9, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 16
Background Orphan (Survival is a class skill. When Ware spends a Force Point to add to a skill check in an untrained skill, add an extra 1d6 to the skill check.)
Special Qualities deceptive (reroll any Deception check, take the second roll even if worse)
Talents Force Perception (Use the Force in place of Perception, considered trained in Perception)
Feats Force Sensitivity, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +8 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Gather Information +8, Initiative +7, Mechanics +8, Perception +0 (may Use the Force +8 instead), Persuasion +8, Stealth +7, Use the Force +8
Possessions audiorecorder, blaster pistol, flight suit (+0 armor, +1 equipment), heavy blaster pistol, survival knife
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Here's Ware at 3rd level.

After getting a little experience with Binary Transports, Ware has started to trust his 'feelings' more often (Force Boon) and because he is usually successful at whatever he tries, even with no prior training (Orphan benefit), Ware has become a little bit cocky and a bit too sure of himself (Force of Personality increases Will defense but he still has low Wisdom). Fortunately, the effect is still that of a charming and likable rogue (high Charisma).

Even after several months of good, nutritious food, though, Ware remains on the scrawny side (effects of a scavenging childhood, low Str and Con).

Che'Warat Luroon (Ware) CL 3

Medium Twi'lek scoundrel 3
Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Use the Force +9
Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese, Lekku, Ryl, 1 unassigned

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 15), Fort 15, Will 17
hp 21; Threshold 15

Speed 6 squares
Melee survival knife +1 (1d6-1)
Ranged blaster pistol +4 (3d6) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +4 (3d8)
Base Atk +4; Grp +4

Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 9, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 16
Background Orphan (Survival is a class skill. When Ware spends a Force Point to add to a skill check in an untrained skill, add an extra 1d6 to the skill check.)
Special Qualities Deceptive (reroll any Deception check, take the second roll even if worse)
Talents Force Perception (Use the Force in place of Perception, considered trained in Perception), Spacehound (proficient with any starship weapons, no penalty for zero or low g, do not suffer space sickness)
Feats Force Boon (3 extra force points), Force Sensitivity, Force of Personality (use Chr to determine Will defense instead of Wis), Point Blank Shot, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +9 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Gather Information +9, Initiative +8, Mechanics +9, Perception +0 (may Use the Force +9 instead), Persuasion +9, Stealth +8, Use the Force +9
Possessions blaster pistol, flight suit (+0 armor, +1 equipment), heavy blaster pistol, survival knife
Last edited by EvilGenius on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

And also, this guy! Rodian Scout.

Retooled as below.
Last edited by EvilGenius on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Oh, wait. I didn't realize that Ken, Damon and Nate's characters were all scouts. I'll re-do the Rodian as a soldier. I was only going to stay with scout for first level anyway before multiclassing to Noble for a backstory revelation. :)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

My character is a scoundrel...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Retooled 'Roo

Neeshar Roolek (Roo), is fairly tight-lipped about his past. What Roo does talk about are all of the weird places he's been in the galaxy and all of the weird and dangerous beasts and vegetation that he's seen/fought off. It's obvious that Roo knows what he's talking about when it comes to Survival and the wonders of the galaxy, but if asked about family or friends or even about Rodia, Roo abruptly ends the conversation and stalks off.

Roo showed up at BT about a year ago and claimed to be able to guide anyone to anywhere in the galaxy and to be able to get someone there faster than most. After a little testing, BT found it to be true and hired Roo as an expert guide/pilot.

Play Notes:
Roo was exiled from Rodia for secretly collaborating with a group plotting an overthrow of the Rodian goverment (which turned out to be allied with the Sith), some years before the wars started. After exile, Roo took to the hyperspace lanes, exporing the far reaches of the galaxy and thus Roo missed much of the early Wars.

As knowledge of the Wars spread and Mandalorian and Sith atrocities became known, Roo saw the true nature of those with whom he had been collaborating. Roo has come back to galactic civilization now, determined to oppose his former collaborators and allies.

Due to his time on the fringes of space and in uncivilized sectors, Roo has several illegal weapons. He also keeps a Sith war sword, both as a prop for intimidation and because the cortosis weave makes it an effective weapon against lightsabers (of ANY color).

Neeshar Roolek (Roo)
Medium Rodian noble 1 CL 1
Init +8; Senses heightened awareness, low-light vision; Perception +0
Languages Basic, Binary, Bocce, Cheunh, Huttese, Mando'a, Rodese

Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 13
hp 18; second wind +10/9; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares
Melee Sith short sword -1 (1d6-1) or
Melee survival knife -1 (1d6-1)
Ranged sonic disruptor +3 (2d6) or
Ranged heavy sonic pistol +3 (2d8) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +3 (3d8)
Base Atk +0; Grp +3
Special Actions Enemy Tactics

Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12
Background Exiled (Survival is a class skill. If trained in Knowledge: Galactic Lore, receive Skill Focus in that skill for free. Can plot hyperspace routes in half the normal time.)
Talents Enemy Tactics (Whenever an enemy within 12 squares and line of sight gains a morale or insight bonus, so you do)
Feats Linguist, Sith Military Training (Once per encounter, upon reducing an opponent to 0hp or dealing damage that exceeds their damage threshold, all enemies within 6 squares take a -2 to defenses until your next turn)
Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +6, Gather Information +6, Initiative +8, Knowledge (galactic lore) +12, Perception +0 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Persuasion +6, Pilot +8, Survival +10, Use Computer +7 (may plot a safe course through hyperspace in half the time)
Possessions flight suit (+0 armor, +1 equipment), heavy blaster pistol, heavy sonic pistol, Sith short sword, sonic disruptor (illegal), survival knife
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

And here's Roo at 3rd level:

After a few months with BT, Roo has opened up a little more about his noble heritage and the circumstances that led to his Exile and he no longer hides his proficiency with the Sith blade (Weapon Finesse). He's picked up a few bad habits from the BT crew, though (level of Scoundrel) and has started to further illegally modify his already illegal weapons (Personalized Modifications).

Though Roo is even tempered for a Rodian, he's still one of the first to draw his weapons when faced with a challenge (Quick Draw), which has forced confrontations a few times when diplomacy would have been more prudent.

Neeshar Roolek (Roo) CL 3

Medium Rodian noble 2/scoundrel 1
Init +9; Senses heightened awareness, low-light vision; Perception +1
Languages Basic, Binary, Bocce, Cheunh, Huttese, Mando'a, Rodese

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 15), Fort 14, Will 15
hp 18; second wind +10/9; Threshold 14

Speed 6 squares
Melee short sword +4 (1d6) or
Melee survival knife +4 (1d6)
Ranged sonic disruptor +4 (2d6+1) or
Ranged heavy sonic pistol +4 (2d8+1) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +4 (3d8+1) or
Ranged DX-2 Disruptor pistol +4 (3d6+1)
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Special Actions Enemy Tactics, Personalized Modifications, Quick Draw

Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12
Background Exiled (Survival is a class skill. If trained in Knowledge: Galactic Lore, receive Skill Focus in that skill for free. Can plot hyperspace routes in half the normal time.)
Talents Enemy Tactics (Whenever an enemy within 12 squares and line of sight gains a morale or insight bonus, so you do)
Personalized Modifications (as a standard action, tweak energy weapon to gain +1 equipment bonus to attack and +2 equipment bonus to damage for the rest of the encounter)
Feats Linguist, Point Blank Shot (+1 bonus to attack and damage with ranged weapons against opponents within point blank range),
Quick Draw (draw or holster a weapon as a swift action instead of a move action),
Sith Military Training (Once/encounter, reduce a target to 0 hp or deal damage that exceeds target's damage threshold, use a reaction to cause all enemies within 6 squares of that target to take -2 to all defenses until the end of your next turn),
Weapon Finesse (use Dex modifier instead of Str modifier to hit with light melee weapons),
Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +7, Gather Information +7, Initiative +9, Knowledge (galactic lore) +13, Perception +1 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Persuasion +7, Pilot +9, Survival +11, Use Computer +8 (may plot a safe course through hyperspace in half the time)
Possessions flight suit (+0 armor, +1 equipment), heavy blaster pistol, heavy sonic pistol, Sith blade (short sword), sonic disruptor (illegal), disruptor pistol (illegal), survival knife
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.