Episode 7.5 Echoes of Loss - Aftermath and Treasure

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
erilar

Re: Episode VII.5 Echoes of Loss - Aftermath and Treasure

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:In case it's difficult to understand me through the apparatus, this is the part where you guys talk. ;)
Apologies - forgot to pay attention to on-goings here. Will help get this jump started. Personally loving the story - just distracted.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jareth's first treasure pick is Shesad’s Lamp.

Backup pick would be the Pearl of Power.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jim, Damon, Tom, Zack, Jon, Ken? Anyone else interested?
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'll weigh in later today.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Brigga absently runs a finger along The Wyvern’s Talisman. "Could be useful in a fight. Could very very useful in a fight. Come in, take a few hits, thunderwave the enemy back, smash them with the mace, take a few more hits. Yes, very useful." She then turns to the Pearl of Power. "But then, spells ... never enough spells, never enough magical might. Never know when you might be backed into a corner, might need a little extra in reserve. Something hidden, something ready to be played if the worst should happen..."

Her gaze goes a little glassy as she stares off into nothing. "It ... it makes sense you know. I didn't want to admit it, didn't want to think that I wasn't who I thought I was but ... a strategic reserve. It's something I'd do. It's something we'd all do, isn't it? And we are still ... ourselves. Maybe different, but ... but we're still us ... aren't we?" She starts looking around the room at the others. "Aren't we? Because if we're not ... if we're some strange mixed up creation of whoever this Master is ... I don't know that I can stand that. We have to be us. This has to have been the plan. The fallback. The redoubt. The fortress of self, ready to continue the fight should the worst happen."

"Right? Right?

Brigga's first pick is the talisman. Her alternative pick is the pearl of power.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Bannock's first pick of the treasure would be the Flametongue.

Bannock joins the conversation, breaking his typical taciturn nature. "Well, Cur and I have not been unhelpful in our battles together with you all. However, a mighty upgrade to my arsenal with such a fine weapon, and perhaps we could contribute a sight more. And, speaking of sight, those flames would sure go a long way towards ensuring I can see as well as all you dark-sighted folk, especially given places we've been ending up recently."

He continues, beginning to exude a confidence that seems more pronounced than normal to the rest of the party. "And, Brigga, I don't know that we know exactly what all exactly happened to us in the past. We all seem to be involved, and this Master seems to be the key, or at least a key, to this all. I know my memories don't always feel like they match me, but they do always feel like my own memories, so maybe that means that even if we are changed on the outside, our core identity is still us." He stands and begins pacing, projecting his words in a confident way you haven't heard before, especially not when he's been out of the forests. "But, that is all the past, regardless of the specifics. We are us, now, for sure, and The Sun Father himself would say that it is all about the light we cast now, and not the shadows of our former selves that matters the most. I say we try to figure out who this Master is, and how we might go about figuring out what happened, and righting what needs to be. It seems events in this town aren't what they seem, and things hereabouts need some clearing up as well. I'm of a mind that all this is connected somehow, if we can begin to share the pieces we have to make a whole."

Bannock turns towards the mysterious chest. "We've seem a bunch of these now. And I think they might also be able to tell us something now that we have an intact one to investigate. Brigga, Jareth, all of you, amongst our group do we have the means for divining anything about this piece. If not, perhaps we should ask if the skills exist in town. A further exploration hereabouts might be warranted regardless..."
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Sorry Bob, all. Summer has been most distracting, mostly for the best.

Question: Do we have a description of the silver ring with winds/waves engraved?
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Fen's Ego wrote:Sorry Bob, all. Summer has been most distracting, mostly for the best.

Question: Do we have a description of the silver ring with winds/waves engraved?
You know that its a ring of mind shielding, though it seems to have taken on some other unknown quality, too.
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Onarra returns after a long walk through the grove encircling her one-time home. She seems to have shed some of her neurosis, while embracing what made her feel feral and...incomplete during her more urban retreat.

"Brigga speaks true. We have all lost so much, and so much remains unclear. We must believe we are ourselves. To succumb to doubt now will only make our task unbearable, and we cannot afford to fall apart...again." Her breath catches as Onarra looks anywhere except the space where Miette passed. "And if my dreams ring true, I am...I was no stranger to multiple identities. Perspectives." She doesn't seem to notice a small, green stalk push through the corruption of the former grove at her feet. "I do not pretend to be fully at peace with this...duality. Nor do I comprehend this so-called Master." Her normally bright voice gains a hard edge. "But I intend to."

Onarra's hand hovers uncertainly over three items as she calculates their utility: Silver Ring(?), Venom Dagger, Ufar's Bracers
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Fen's Ego wrote:Onarra returns after a long walk through the grove encircling her one-time home. She seems to have shed some of her neurosis, while embracing what made her feel feral and...incomplete during her more urban retreat.

"Brigga speaks true. We have all lost so much, and so much remains unclear. We must believe we are ourselves. To succumb to doubt now will only make our task unbearable, and we cannot afford to fall apart...again." Her breath catches as Onarra looks anywhere except the space where Miette passed. "And if my dreams ring true, I am...I was no stranger to multiple identities. Perspectives." She doesn't seem to notice a small, green stalk push through the corruption of the former grove at her feet. "I do not pretend to be fully at peace with this...duality. Nor do I comprehend this so-called Master." Her normally bright voice gains a hard edge. "But I intend to."

Onarra's hand hovers uncertainly over three items as she calculates their utility: Silver Ring(?), Venom Dagger, Ufar's Bracers
The Dagger of Venom, since you mention it, has another property beyond what you have gleaned examining it in a short rest. Upon reflection, you know that in battle it made you more susceptible to mind affecting and necrotic magic. In game terms, you have disadvantage on saves vs mind affecting magic AND you have vulnerability to necrotic damage.

The ring of mind shielding also seems to have gained another property after the soul within was put to rest, but, not having used it in battle when the property may be revealed, you don't know what it is. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

EvilGenius wrote: The Dagger of Venom, since you mention it, has another property beyond what you have gleaned examining it in a short rest. Upon reflection, you know that in battle it made you more susceptible to mind affecting and necrotic magic. In game terms, you have disadvantage on saves vs mind affecting magic AND you have vulnerability to necrotic damage.
Bannock will say: "A cursed dagger, indeed. Do any of you know any way to divine who might have used this weapon before, or who even might have created it? Mayhap it might be that it is tied to those we seek."
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

EvilGenius wrote: The Dagger of Venom, since you mention it, has another property beyond what you have gleaned examining it in a short rest. Upon reflection, you know that in battle it made you more susceptible to mind affecting and necrotic magic. In game terms, you have disadvantage on saves vs mind affecting magic AND you have vulnerability to necrotic damage.

The ring of mind shielding also seems to have gained another property after the soul within was put to rest, but, not having used it in battle when the property may be revealed, you don't know what it is. :)
Thanks Bob. That makes it first choice: ring.