Episode 8: Not a Drop to Drink

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
NukeHavoc

Re: Episode VIII: Not a Drop to Drink

Post by NukeHavoc »

While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.
For now, I'm communicating with him telepathically.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Gotcha. Gar creeps out of the short passage leading to the two chambers, then to the edge of the rock overlooking the small lake. He reports to you that he is in position and you draw upon the mystical bond between you. There is a brief disorientation as your senses adjust, then you are looking out of Gar's eyes into the pool below. You see two humanoid, fish-like creatures creeping out of the lake. They are wielding wicked-looking spears made out of some coral-like substance. They pause at the edge of the pool, looking around.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Brigga shares what she's learned with the others. "We may have some ... fishy company soon. I suggest we experiment with slowly lowering one of the cloaks to see what happens. Better to find out now if the cloaks are helping or hindering our efforts than to find ourselves trying to figure it out in a fight."

She begins lowering the cloak she's holding.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Brigga shares what she's learned with the others. "We may have some ... fishy company soon. I suggest we experiment with slowly lowering one of the cloaks to see what happens. Better to find out now if the cloaks are helping or hindering our efforts than to find ourselves trying to figure it out in a fight."

She begins lowering the cloak she's holding.
Which cloak were you holding up? The cloak covering the left wall, which gave you the sensation of cold, or the right wall, which hasn't done anything untoward (yet)?
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:It's still just a wall of crystal. There is no slight give to the wall on this side, like there was in the Crystal Cage.
Hrm, let's examine the walls via a mirror again.

Barring any insight from that approach, Jareth will suggest that perhaps he and Onarra should investigate the crevasse before returning to the chest as our only option.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Which cloak were you holding up? The cloak covering the left wall, which gave you the sensation of cold, or the right wall, which hasn't done anything untoward (yet)?
The right wall.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:Which cloak were you holding up? The cloak covering the left wall, which gave you the sensation of cold, or the right wall, which hasn't done anything untoward (yet)?
The right wall.
You drop the cloak and nothing else seems to happen. You cautiously step away from the mirrored alcove and nothing continues to happen.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:It's still just a wall of crystal. There is no slight give to the wall on this side, like there was in the Crystal Cage.
Hrm, let's examine the walls via a mirror again.

Barring any insight from that approach, Jareth will suggest that perhaps he and Onarra should investigate the crevasse before returning to the chest as our only option.
You examine the wall via mirror and see nothing untoward. The wall does not reflect anything. You try backing into the wall, guided by watching through the mirror and you simply bump into the wall. It still does not feel at all permeable.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Can I see whether the cloaks are still covering the side walls in the real world? If I notice that the others have uncovered the side walls, I will try concentrating to sync with IRL and then pass through the appropriate wall.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:Can I see whether the cloaks are still covering the side walls in the real world? If I notice that the others have uncovered the side walls, I will try concentrating to sync with IRL and then pass through the appropriate wall.
After a few moments, Briggs disappears from the other side of the crystal and one of the cloaks isn't there any more. You try and concentrate again but you don't get a sense that anything is happening. The Crystal wall remains impermeable.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Brigga will move toward the opening to the cave, keeping in mental contact with Gar the whole while.
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Onarra will move cautiously around the chest to make a closer examination of the crevasse on the far wall. She will say to Jareth, "Hmm...I might be able to fit through here."

Is this like a five foot crevasse to another chamber that she can see with investigation or is this an "in in for the long haul, hope you're not claustrophobic" kind of trek?
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Brigga will move toward the opening to the cave, keeping in mental contact with Gar the whole while.
You move into the outer cavern. Are you trying to be stealthy or anything? Or just clanging up, dwarf-style, maybe with a few extra heavy stomps? :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Fen's Ego wrote:Onarra will move cautiously around the chest to make a closer examination of the crevasse on the far wall. She will say to Jareth, "Hmm...I might be able to fit through here."

Is this like a five foot crevasse to another chamber that she can see with investigation or is this an "in in for the long haul, hope you're not claustrophobic" kind of trek?
You peer through the crevasse. The crystal is about a foot thick and opens into another medium sized (maybe the equivalent of 20x20 but not at all symmetrical) room of crystal. Directly across from you there is sunlight streaming through the Crystal wall.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jareth follows, trying not to telegraph Onarra's stealthy progress. If an enemy appears, Jareth will go-go-gadget-bear and intercede.