Favored Souls

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
setanta14

Favored Souls

Post by setanta14 »

Ahhh... Favored Souls are in HeroForge, so I whipped one up to see its potential... it looks like they trade out domain abilities and spells, limit access to divine spells similar to how a sorcerer is limited in arcane spells, and add in really good saves, and some class abilites like favored weapon, etc. Should be a cool change of pace for our campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've always been partial to sorcs over wizzies. I like having to figure out combo's with x number of spells instead of trying to figure out what combo to take depending on the situation of the day.

So, since you need a cleric and I've been intrested in the favored soul, I thought it'd be fun. I'm really likeing the way he's shaping up. Just have to think about what spells i want to take.

Other than healing, anything the party could really use?

~hh
erilar

Post by erilar »

More healing!

Largo of the 10 HP
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Well, besides more healing, investigative and protections spells are good.
Hardcorhobbs wrote:I've always been partial to sorcs over wizzies. I like having to figure out combo's with x number of spells instead of trying to figure out what combo to take depending on the situation of the day.

So, since you need a cleric and I've been intrested in the favored soul, I thought it'd be fun. I'm really likeing the way he's shaping up. Just have to think about what spells i want to take.

Other than healing, anything the party could really use?

~hh
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:Well, besides more healing, investigative and protections spells are good.
Yes, and be sure to avoid any terribly useful spells like command, charm, hold, etc. since you're going to play another crazy Tritherionite... ;P
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote: Yes, and be sure to avoid any terribly useful spells like command, charm, hold, etc. since you're going to play another crazy Tritherionite... ;P
Well, since my first inkling was to be of Pelor, I wasnt planning on taking those anyway. :P

The list I have so far has a little bit of everything. I should be rather versital. My character is most likely going to have a "lets kick ass" attitude so those spells wouldnt work for him anyway.

~HH
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Other than healing, anything the party could really use?
Buff spells would also be useful -- particularly bear's endurance -- since it would really help improve Prug's stats, who's vow of poverty prevents him from owning anything remotely useful.