New Bard Stuff for Thom

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

New Bard Stuff for Thom

Post by NukeHavoc »

Dragon #335 has a bunch of bard stuff in it, and there are two things I'd like to use with Thom in Dark City.

The first is a dueling cloak, which basically works as a shield (granting a +1 bonus) and allows you to make an off-hand disarm attempt. Very in keeping with Thom's character concept. :)

The other is a spell: the Tune of the Dancing Weapon, which is a second level bard/sor/wiz spell that allows you to embue your weapon with the "dan cing" ability; the weapon then "dances" for 4 rounds. Again, this is perfect for Thom's character concept (and Merwyn's for that matter -- exactly the sort of sword-type spell I was looking for him).

Sound ok with you guys?

ken
erilar

Post by erilar »

Other than saying that one would obviously have to have an off-hand free to operate the cloak in order to confer it's bonuses, I have no problem with either.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

No problems here
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Other than saying that one would obviously have to have an off-hand free to operate the cloak in order to confer it's bonuses, I have no problem with either.
Not a problem, since Thom never uses a shield, and only fights with rapiers/throwing daggers. :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

ditto
setanta14 wrote:No problems here
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote: Not a problem, since Thom never uses a shield, and only fights with rapiers/throwing daggers. :)
Okie. I was just referring to stuff like, he couldn't be holding a torch, or a sacred golden relic (or small bag of sand), or maybe a crystal skull? hehe
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer