Wind Swords

The former Blackrazor addiction.
EvilGenius

Wind Swords

Post by EvilGenius »

So I've been in my new guild for a few weeks now. And because I'm usually on late at night when the GuildMaster and a few other officers are on, I've been interacting with them a bit.

So a few nights ago they waived the full 1 month trial period and made me a full member.

Last night they made me an officer. :)

I'm not sure if everyone's alt is in Twilight Alliance or not, but if not, Wind Swords are good guys. I'm not recruiting you *away* from TA, like they did me :) , but if you've got some non-aligned alts, let me know. Wind Swords would be a good place to hang.

:)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Interesting, Bob. I definitely have the some concerns you have about TA. They may be great once we get to 60, but at this point, there are very few characters to group with.

I have actually been talking with a guild called Revolutions (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?G ... bID=365139) for Mirabella. If they turn out to be cool, I was considering moving all my non-Erilar characters to that guild. They are fairly large (70+ members and 90+ characters), and reportedly always have lower-level players online. Note that once characters level up to endgame raiding levels (55+ or so), they move from Revolutions into Seventh Chaos, so the numbers I gave were for the <55 contingent.

How big is Wind Swords in comparison? Do they have a decent number of low- to mid-level chars online when you play? Do they have a website?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

yes, we have a website, although i haven't been there yet. I'm supposed to get all signed up today. :)

Not sure how large they are actually. When i'm on, say 12am - 4am, there are around 6-10 people on. The levels seem spread out. I'll have a little more info soon, as i check out the website and feel it out a bit more.

But they've been good to group with so far. Fun, competent, fair on looting. And i know you don't like to do too much of this lance, but the higher level guys aren't adverse to helping out on a tough quest or an instance.

They don't really twink you through, but for example, i had just one more guy to kill in the Scarlet Monestary. One guildie, Nighthealer came along but we couldn't find any other good guys to join up and alone, we were a little light.

So the guildmaster was on and came along with his 53 mage, to add muscle when we needed it. This wasn't a "i'm going to explore the monestary and really experience it" excursion, it was more of a surgical strike. And it was really fun. We wiped about 4 times just because we were being goofy. :)

And even though we had a high level character along, there was still a lot for me to do, and for Nighthealer to do. All in all, very fun.
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:And i know you don't like to do too much of this lance, but the higher level guys aren't adverse to helping out on a tough quest or an instance.
Don't get me wrong - I think the higher-ups *should* help out. We just had a problem with a few members who expected the lvl 50+ officers to help out in Deadmines - stuff like that.

For instance, Erilar recently grouped with Tarrek to help him out with some quests in Stromgarde in Arathi Highlands. We wiped about 3 times too, since there were 2 tough elites in the room plus a bunch of trash DPS mobs, and we kept trying all kinds of goofy (sounded good at the time) strategies since there were just the two of us.

Anyway, no one else was on to help him, and it ended up being very fun and challenging even though I was 10 levels higher than him. It's just the "expected" ridiculous twinking that gets on my nerves.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ahh. Gotcha, I misunderstood how you felt about that sort of thing. :)

And at least at the times I've been on, there's been a good mix of levels in Wind Swords. I've seen some teens, upper 20s, 30s and 40s. And of course, the higher up guys alts. Like Pipla, 53 'lock. His alt is Nighthealer, 32 priest. I've grouped with both. And the nice thing is that the alts aren't just farmers, they're actual levelling characters.