Three Way Barrier Team, Excalibur

The forum for little figures blowing up other little figures.
NukeHavoc

Three Way Barrier Team, Excalibur

Post by NukeHavoc »

I got a chance to play my Phasing/Barrier Team against Bob on Wednesday night, and it worked pretty well on an inside map with lots of walls and obstructions. The army features two low-cost barrier figures, plus several phasing characters including Arkon, Silver Samurai, Vision and Magik.

It fought against Bob's new Poison army, which uses some feat cards to nasty effect, but with my phasers and barrier and some lucky rolls I was able to knock out half the poison effect early on. I think it'll hold up pretty well in a three-way battle.

My other team was a revamped Excalibur team with Psylocke and Destiny thrown in. It worked very well -- Destiny gives the team the probability control it needs, while Psylocke's Blades/Enhancement ability rounds out the team nicely. It took me three years, but I've finally got a good team. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Having lost to both, I have to say they were both good builds. :)

As we discussed, I think you've really got a workable, dangerous Excalibur team now, both with the members on the team and the pairing (Capt Britan carrying Nightcrawler, Phoenix carrying Destiny, Kitty carrying Psylocke). It really made it difficult to pick out weak spots and concentrate my forces. It's also incredibly mobile with 3 flyers and 3 grounded figures and a nice selection of movement powers in stealth, charge, phasing and hypersonic speed. Really solid team.

I think the Barrier team was also killer. Having two inexpensive barrier figures allows you to maintain the barrier every turn without pushing, and the multiple dangerous phasing characters really have the ability to threaten anywhere on the board and the phasers that you're using have the ability to do a lot of damage.

Nicely done!

Now I've made a few teams that are, I think, more dangerous than what you faced on Tues ...... :twisted: