Avengers Assemble! (or Character Roll Call)

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:2. Greenback
Greenbank, in between the West and and the South River, was best known as a railroad stop where goods moved in and out of the Freedom City area by train. It is filled with warehouses, rail yards, and shipping companies, where a lot of West Enders used to work.

These days, Greenbank is a fairly depressed area. Freedom City doesn't see as much rail traffic as it used to, and many of the old warehouses are closed down. The recent extension of a maglev track for a new high-speed bullet train into the city has improved conditions in Greenbank and created new jobs. Still, the area is a haven for criminals and organized crime and the city government hopes new prosperity will help clean it up.

Greenbank is centered on the old Lincoln Rail Yards, where trains move in and out of the city. It's occasionally used for smuggling and clandestine meetings so the police (and heroes like Foreshadow) keep a watchful eye on it.
This strikes me as being a great home for Paladin -- he could rent himself a warehouse/loft fairly easily, and there should be plenty of scrap lying around. And there would be plenty of criminals to try out his power armor on. :)
I think I will keep Paladin as my superhero tag. And I like Greenbank for my base of operations. Is the sourcebook something we can look over (ie, is there a player section)?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Not sure how it would work out but i'm thinking of going with a green lantern/ Nova/ booster gold type character. He would be an alien that was part of some group that is now left with Earth as his home. I'll need some more work, but it would give us a ranged flier.
There's an organization in the Freedom universe called the "Star Knights" which fills the Green Lantern niche, but I think there's already a Star Knight on earth. Perhaps you could be the Star Squire; e.g. a Star Knight in training?

Alternatively a time-lost character like Nova or Booster Gold would also work well, perhaps drawn to Freedom City by the recent apocalyptic battle with the Lord of Terminus (a Darkseid-like character) and the loss of the hero Centurion (Freedom's Superman equivalent). Of the two options, I think I like the second one better -- it would even provide a ready-made way of linking up the party further down the line (as your character seeks out the recruits he knows he'll need to fight some future menace...)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I think I will keep Paladin as my superhero tag. And I like Greenbank for my base of operations. Is the sourcebook something we can look over (ie, is there a player section)?
Yeah, I'd say about 1/2 of the source book has player-friendly information about the city; most of the spoilers are in the later half of the book.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

* Cory -- what's the deal with your character? Is he done yet, or is he still a work in progress? Are you still going for a Booster Gold-type character?

* George -- did you want to play M&M?

* Nate -- are you still interested in playing a sorcerer-type character for the campaign?

I've started doing some plotting and figuring out what Freedom City villains and heros the various characters know from their time in the city (or, if they're newcomers, then what experiences they had elsewhere in the country) so we can work up a little back story.

My new M&M source books should be arriving shortly, so I think that I'll be ready to run our first real session in mid-to-late June.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm still playing with my idea. I'll try and get him done this week.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

FYI: I still need character names, bios and power summaries for everyone who hasn't posted one yet (which I think is everyone except for Bob, Lance and Damon).

I need this as soon as possible because I'm trying to create conflict histories for each character (where appropriate, and naturally I'll run all possible conflicts past players before we decide on anything).

For example, I'm expecting Damon's character Gray to have had a run in with Granite of the Factor Four (they're kind of like the Fantastic Four, if they all had elemental powers and were evil :)).

Meanwhile, Bob's character Paladin may have had run ins with the Power Corps, a group of power-armor wearing mercenaries.

I'd appreciate it if everyone could post their information by Sunday (earlier, however, is better).
erilar

Post by erilar »

Ehhh - I'm leaving on vacation this afternoon. I'll be taking my laptop, so I'll try to do this for you, but no promises.

As a quick summary, you already have her background info (bio). Her power trees are telekinesis, mind control, telepathy, flight, and ghosting through walls (a la Shadowcat). She also has a defensive force shield, but I can't remember whether that's tied in with the telekinesis or not.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Ehhh - I'm leaving on vacation this afternoon. I'll be taking my laptop, so I'll try to do this for you, but no promises.

As a quick summary, you already have her background info (bio). Her power trees are telekinesis, mind control, telepathy, flight, and ghosting through walls (a la Shadowcat). She also has a defensive force shield, but I can't remember whether that's tied in with the telekinesis or not.
I think I have enough stuff for your character, so don't worry about it. I'm more concerned about Cory, Jon and Nate. (I assume George is sitting this one out).
erilar

Post by erilar »

K. I still need to come up with a name for her and a title for the comic too.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Sorry, missed this last week somehow. I'm finishing him up now and I'll send you something today (few things I need the book to check).
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

* Code name: Dragoon

* Powers overview: Alien gauntlets allow Bob to fly, give him a personal force field, and are capable of firing a ray. Due to his military experience he is a skilled combatant and martial artist, as well as a skilled pilot.

* Character overview: Bob doesn't speak too much of his past. But what you do know is that he was in the military and he's alter ego job is as a construction worker. He just moved into freedom city recently, and has immediately made a name for himself. He is a good natured man always with the right things in mind, though at times perhaps a bit to eager.

* History overview: A small town guy, Bob joined the military when he was young. There he was trained in the martial arts, and as a pilot with the call sign Dragoon. When he got out he started working construction. During one of his jobs where he was cleaning up after a supervillian attack, he came across a mysterious pair of gauntlets. Much to his surprise, they granted him super-abilities. At first he used them in secret, helping incognito. But as he became used to the hero thing, he decided it was time for an alternate identity. Recently, he has come to freedom city seeking to aid in their time of need.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:K. I still need to come up with a name for her and a title for the comic too.
And a public backstory -- I don't think we have one yet. Given your character that might just be a school year book bio. :)