Lairs

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
EvilGenius

Lairs

Post by EvilGenius »

Ken, there are rules in the M&M book regarding general equipment and vehichles and lairs and such.

I haven't looked at the lair rules too much, but they seem to be based on build points. How do you want to handle them? Do we need to pay for them out of our build points? Do we have lairs? Cars? General equipment?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

kk. I freed up a few build points and Paladin now has a kick-ass lair!

For now, I'm going with the standard "abandoned warehouse" headquarters. It's difficult to find (+20 DC to search or knowledge checks to find the lair). It also has a pretty kick ass security system (Disable Device DC30 to overcome security).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Cool. Looks like you answered your own question, which is yes, you can do all that. :) Which reminds me ... Maker needs some of that as well. Damn. I'm really going to have to scale back his minion spawning capabilities. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Cool. Looks like you answered your own question, which is yes, you can do all that. :) Which reminds me ... Maker needs some of that as well. Damn. I'm really going to have to scale back his minion spawning capabilities. :)

Well, Maker IS a villian. You could always make him Power Level 11 or 12, giving you some more points to play with.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

OK, mister GM, here's my equipment question:

I see how in the rules all sorts of equipment can be had using equipment points gained from taking the Equipment feat. This makes sense for all sorts of special things, from secret underground lairs to batmobiles to JLA-style communicators, etc. However, it also seems to include normal everyday type equipment. Does it really mean that if I want my character to have a cell phone, or a regular car, or a normal apartment, that I need to take the Equipment feat? What if his normal identity has a job - couldn't I have just purchased said normal items?

Let me know...