Utility for Updating Addon Version Numbers

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Utility for Updating Addon Version Numbers

Post by erilar »

This little executable will update the WoW version number in all of your addon .toc files.

Simply run the executable and it will prompt you to type in the version number. Use this syntax: if the WoW version is 1.6, then type in "1600". Minipatches will still only require the main version number. For instance, the current patch is 1.6.1 as of last night, but you still only need to type in "1600" to this program.

Sorry, Ken, does not work on Macs. Maybe search this UI addon site for ones that work on Macs.

The link:
http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=870
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: Utility for Updating Addon Version Numbers

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Sorry, Ken, does not work on Macs. Maybe search this UI addon site for ones that work on Macs.
I'm sure if I spend some time thinking about it I can do this with a little Perl script; it's just manipulating text; should be easy. :)

Ken
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:
erilar wrote:Sorry, Ken, does not work on Macs. Maybe search this UI addon site for ones that work on Macs.
I'm sure if I spend some time thinking about it I can do this with a little Perl script; it's just manipulating text; should be easy. :)

Ken
This program IS a Perl script, so I think you're on the right track! :) If you make something up, you should submit it to ui.worldofwar.net.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:This program IS a Perl script, so I think you're on the right track! :) If you make something up, you should submit it to ui.worldofwar.net.
Interesting. I'll have to dissect it to see what its doing. I might also be able to do this as an "Automater" action under Mac OS X Tiger (it's basically a "scripting for dummies" kind of interface for AppleScript). That would make it much easier to use for all the Macphiles out there.