As Azeroth Turns

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

As Azeroth Turns

Post by erilar »

Very fun session last night - glad we could get together! The naga of the Zoram Strand will never be the same! ;)

Ken, Jon and I were trying to figure out future plans for characters. If you think that you'll be able to get together with Q and U about once per week for a session, then we'll be happy to park those guys and make up some new ones for when we're duoing.

If you think that once/week will be too much for your schedule, then we will probably just play those characters separately.

Our thoughts are to make up some Tauren toons in the Geezer server for when we're duoing and save Q and U for when we're all together.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: As Azeroth Turns

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:If you think that once/week will be too much for your schedule, then we will probably just play those characters separately.
Once a week should be fine, particularly if we're doing runs at 9-11 p.m.
erilar wrote:Our thoughts are to make up some Tauren toons in the Geezer server for when we're duoing and save Q and U for when we're all together.
What's a "toon"? I'm still thinking of a troll or orc shaman.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

"Toon" is the nickname for your character. I.e. In character creation you make your "toon". I think it stems from the cartoony look of the characters in WoW. But dont quote me on that.

~CMR
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yep, safe to quote him on that. Just a goofy term that evolved from the cartoonish look of the art. Some players highly object to the term, but I think it's funny.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Are the tauren and orc starting areas near one another?
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yep. The orcs and trolls start out in Durotar (the 1-10 lvl newb zone where Orgrimmar the capital is). To the west of Durotar is the Barrens (the lvl 10-20 zone), and to the west of that is Mulgore (the 1-10 Tauren starting zone).

So, once we all get to lvl 10 or so, we'll all be moving to the Barrens anyway (it can get kind of crowded actually). We'll each want to get the flight paths to each others' cities too, since some quests will also take Orcs to Thunder Bluff and vice versa.

The awesome thing about playing Horde is that there are lots of low-level instance dungeons to try right away:
Ragefire Caverns (right inside Orgrimmar, lvl 13-15)
Wailing Caverns (in Barrens, lvl 15-21)
Shadowfang Keep (Silverpine Forest, lvl 15-25)

Jon can tell you that instances are even more fun than normal adventuring, and contain some really good loot!