10/12/07 Infinity Storm #2: Reign of Chaos

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
NukeHavoc

10/12/07 Infinity Storm #2: Reign of Chaos

Post by NukeHavoc »

The adventure summary for Issue #2: Reign of Chaos is online:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... chaos.html

As before, please feel free to login and edit the post; that's what the blog is for! The adventure post is also a good place to add comments about the adventure, e.g. how the combat went, specific questions about what happened, the aftermath of the fight, etc.

Reward: 2 power points.

I think this combat went exceptionally well; everyone did their part and was creative in their approach to the fight with Mirror Man. This also reflex some added XP from the first part of this adventure (Issue #1); I think three power points of two adventures of this type is a good pace.

Depending on how much time I have to work on this tomorrow, I may do "Issue #3" as a limited play-by-post that allows people to spend some downtime in the city (and follow-up on the events of Issue #2) and sets up Issue #4 in November. It seems like everyone's got some things they'd like to do in the city, so it's a good time for it.

Also look for the Constant Sentinel to be updated very soon as InfinityLord gets internet access back (and can start posting again since the campaign has move passed this particular story point).

Anyway, I just wanted to say I thought this was a good session. I was a little off coming into it, since it had been a tough day at work/home and was nervous about a session that would be 90% combat, but in the end I think it worked out very well. Mirror Man turned out to be a very entertaining villain, and his 25 duplicates made for a thrilling (rather than annoying) fight.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Strafe and Gray's antagonism develops. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

You may have felt out-of-sorts on Fri Ken, but it didn't come off that way in the game. I think we all had a really good time!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:You may have felt out-of-sorts on Fri Ken, but it didn't come off that way in the game. I think we all had a really good time!
Thanks -- glad to hear it! I'm looking forward to spending some more time on the campaign this week; I really need to get some new Constant Sentinel posts up. :)

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:You may have felt out-of-sorts on Fri Ken, but it didn't come off that way in the game. I think we all had a really good time!
Yeah, I totally agree. It was a completely fun game!

And I've got to reiterate for those who weren't there, the whole night was mostly a big combat, but unlike a D&D combat, it never felt slow (even when we were looking up rules), everyone was engaged and doing something fun, everyone got a lot of turns and the fight was actually dramatic (unlike many D&D combats which devolve into 'I hit. You take 23hp damage').

Very very fun deviation from the normal D&D stuff (not that I don't like that also ...).
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Since I've been reading M&M stuff in my free time since... I'd have to agree ;-).
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm going to save my 2 PP towards upgrading my armor. :)

(I need 4 PP to purchase a 'rank' of my Device: Armor. And that gives me 5 power ranks to add to my armor.)