Atlas?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

Atlas?

Post by NukeHavoc »

Is Atlas the name of the mod you guys use to look up various WoW facts?

Ken
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Ken,

I think Lance does use Atlas, but I think that's just maps and stuff in-game (I could be soo wrong here). To look up facts, etc. for info about stuff in-game, I use an out-of-game website: www.thottbot.com. It is an excellent resource for all things WoW. Also, alakhazam.com has a WoW page that is very useful, and, if you can get past all the macho pissing contests, the WoW forums on the WoW community site (worldofwarcraft.com) are helpful as well.

-J
erilar

Post by erilar »

What Jon said. FYI, Atlas is an add-on that lets you view maps of the instance dungeons.

I use Thottbot to find things that are otherwise obscure. You need to turn in a quest in SW, and know the name of the NPC, but have no idea where he is. Search for the NPC name on Thottbot and find him instead of wasting 45 minutes bumbling around.

I find Thottbot extremely useful for professions. Some of the cool recipes are drops (dropped from mobs as treasure), and not available from vendors. So, searching up through the upcoming recipes you can learn is a good way to plan. It also lets you see what the required raw materials are, which the ingame interface doesn't until you actually purchase the plans.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

ok, thanks for the heads up. I think my iBook's just found a new life as my WoW Quick Reference. :)