So I need a new Dark City character ....

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

setanta14 wrote:For lawyers and judges, it depends on whether you have one taking a liberal and broad interpretation of the laws, or a conservative and narrow view... oh wait, thats real life.
If only that is the way it really is.

The conservative base call their judges conservative or fundamentalist but often that's simply a code word for "will use personal philosophy to find a way to justify overturning abortion and ruling in favor of the wealthy no matter what".

I'd frickin LOVE a truly conservative judiciary, but that's not what 'conservative judge' MEANS anymore.

Just more Orwellian double-speak brought to you by the weird right wing cultists who've infiltrated and taken over the Republican party ....

:)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

"Sir Kato: Male Human Clr3/Pal2/Exp1; CR 6;HD 1d6+3d8+2d10+6; hp 39;
Init -1; Spd 20 ft/x3;
AC 19 (+8 armor, +2 shield, -1 dex), touch 9, flat-footed 19;
Base Atk/Grapple +4/+4;
Full Atk +5 One-handed (1d6;20/x2, Masterwork light mace), +4 Two-handed (1d8;20/x3, Spear);
SA&SQ Aura of Law(Ex), Aura of Good(Ex), Spontaneous Casting, Restricted Spells, Turn Undead(Su), Code of Conduct, Detect Evil(Sp), Smite Evil(Su), Divine Grace(Su), Lay on Hands(Su);
AL LG; SV Fort +10, Ref +3, Will +11;
Str 10(+0), Dex 8(-1), Con 12(+1), Int 16(+3), Wis 14(+2), Cha 16(+3);

Skills: Concentration¹ +6, Decipher Script +7, Diplomacy¹ +17, Gather Information¹ +11, Heal¹ +7, Knowledge (history) +8, Knowledge (local) +10, Knowledge (nobility) +7, Knowledge (religion) +8, Knowledge (Legal System) +10, Listen¹ +6, Search¹ +9, Sense Motive¹ +10, Spot¹ +6.

Feats: Investigator (PH 96), Negotiator (PH 98 ), Glorious Weapons (CD 82), Noble Soul (Dmag 315/54).

Turn Undead(Su): Can turn undead 6 times per day. A turning check is made on 1d20+5; turning damage is equal to 2d6+6 on a successful check.
Detect Evil(Sp): At will, as the spell.
Smite Evil(Su): 1 time(s) per day, you can add +3 to your attack roll; if the creature you strike is evil, you inflict an extra 2 points of damage.
Divine Grace(Su): Add +3 to all saves.
Lay on Hands(Su): As a standard action, you can heal yourself or someone else. You can cure a total of 6 points of damage per day. These points can also be used to harm undead.

Equipment:
+1 Half Plate of Silent Moves (+5 mv silently)
Mwk Hv Steel Shield
Hat of Disguise
Boots of Elvenkind
Belt of Truestrike (Truestrike spell on command)

Total spent: 12,670 gp
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I reapportioned a few skill points and took out the Circlet of Persuasion, which also reduces my Gather Info skill ( :cry: )

With the extra gold I put the 'Silent' quality on my armor. So along with my Elven boots, I have a +2 overall to Move Silently in my Half Plate. Sweet. :)

I don't know if that will ever become super useful, but the way I envision it, when investigating, Kato can use his Hat of Disguise to make it appear that he's not wearing full armor, and with the boots and armor quality, it won't necessarily sound like he's wearing armor.

That way I'm thinking that Kato can remain armored in some situations where others don't expect him to be armored.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I reapportioned a few skill points and took out the Circlet of Persuasion, which also reduces my Gather Info skill ( :cry: )
Looks good to me. I think this is going to be a pretty cool character.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So I'm thinking that we're going to have to flesh out the OB government and court system since I'll be working on their behalf now. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:So I'm thinking that we're going to have to flesh out the OB government and court system since I'll be working on their behalf now. :)
Yes, I think so. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange