Planar Monsters?

The forum for little figures blowing up other little figures.
NukeHavoc

Planar Monsters?

Post by NukeHavoc »

So, we've got a extraplaner campaign coming up ... who has some cool demon/devil/elemental minis for us to use? And what kinds do you have?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I have 3 azer, 1 Vrock, a 3 Salamanders, 1 Chasme, 3 Githyanki, and one Demogorgon. I'll finish Demogorgon tonite... :twisted:

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I have a drawer full of outsiders, and elementals of all shapes and sizes. I'll throw them into the monster box for next game.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Guess Demogorgon doesn't really need to be painted then... :(

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Guess Demogorgon doesn't really need to be painted then... :(

Damon.
why not? your metal mini's have more character, and then two of us are bringing mini's.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I don't have any minis to bring, but I'll jump on the trashing 4E bandwagon here and say I wish that when Wizards was making 4E more mini-focused, they realized that folks just playing the RPG and not their minis game might want to buy the minis they want, and not randomly generated packs. They make some cool plastic minis, but I wish I could pick and choose the ones I wanted to buy...
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've actually stopped buying the d&d mini's for two other reasons.

1) the quality of the mini's has actually gotten worse. Both the sculpts and the paint jobs have gotten poor.

2) I'm rather upset that they've resized many of the monsters. This invalidates some of the mini's i've collected the past few years.

So I have enough... and I'll deal with what I have at this point.
moths

Post by moths »

Can anything not devolve into this?

Anyway, I've got a massive stockpile of pre-plastics in storage from my buddy's folded game store. Give me a list, and I'll see what I can do.

And there's always fold-em paper guys.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thanks guys. For our first few combats, we'll need goblins, orcs and kobolds. I also need some drakes or small dragons.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

moths wrote:Can anything not devolve into this?

Anyway, I've got a massive stockpile of pre-plastics in storage from my buddy's folded game store. Give me a list, and I'll see what I can do.

And there's always fold-em paper guys.
Uhh, I don't know. Which this are you talking about?

The bashing 4e this or the 'wish-wotc-would-sell-minis-in-a-non-collectible-format' this?

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll go out on a limb and say 'no', there is nothing that will not devolve into either one of those "this's".
moths

Post by moths »

EvilGenius wrote:Uhh, I don't know. Which this are you talking about?
Q: Hey, how do I attach a file to a gmail?
A: Select "Attach" next to the paperclip icon from the "Compose Mail" screen. Then enter the file's location via the browse icon that just OH CRAP DID I REMEMBER TO COMPLAIN ABOUT 4E IN THE LAST 20 MINUTES?

I mean, it gets old. And it just reads as being nit-picky for the sake of being obstinate. Especially in this case - even when goblins look like m&m's and jelly-beans on the table, they still look like goblins in my brain.

But to get back on point - I've got goblins and kobolds... any color preference on the little dragons?
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

No offense, but if your responding to my post I think your the one reading too much into it. I'm not inferring anything bad about 4e. I simply mean, they changed the monster size which annoys me, and since my collection is huge no reason to re-collect. Thats it.

Also you have to agree the sculpts/paint jobs have been worse the past few sets. Giants of Legends and Abjurations were awesome sets... but the quality of those has been lost.

*edited to condense my argument.
Last edited by Hardcorhobbs on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

moths wrote:I mean, it gets old. And it just reads as being nit-picky for the sake of being obstinate.
shrug. I can see that for people who like the system, hearing constant criticisms is very annoying.

If you want similar conversations but on the positive side you have to either:

a) find other people who like the game
or
b) look up our conversations from when 3.0 came out.

:)
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Exactly... and I personally certainly don't hate 4E as a whole, in fact there are some elements that I really like... but there are certain elements about it that to me are deal-breakers, which I and others have already commented on ad nauseum.

Is it a game that I would conceivably play? YES

Is it the game that I would prefer to play? NO

Are 3.X or Pathfinder both systems that I feel are the perfect or ideal RPG's? NO, but they're getting closer

Is 4E heading closer to that ideal system that I dream of? NO

EvilGenius wrote:
moths wrote:I mean, it gets old. And it just reads as being nit-picky for the sake of being obstinate.
shrug. I can see that for people who like the system, hearing constant criticisms is very annoying.

If you want similar conversations but on the positive side you have to either:

a) find other people who like the game
or
b) look up our conversations from when 3.0 came out.

:)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

moths wrote:Can anything not devolve into this?
While I don't think that Cory's post was anti-4E, the short answer is "no", not with this group, and this game. In fact, I'm pretty sure that 4E is about to surpass the decline in pirates as the true reason for global warming... :)