Inspiration

Our KOTOR campaign.
Lars Porsenna

Inspiration

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Here's something to get us in the mood...

http://grad29.as.utexas.edu/~triples/Ne ... _index.htm

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

Heh. The Order 66 podcast guys have also used TK-421 as one of the "characters" they have on the show. They call him up and talk about what planet he's on and what the Empire is up to there. The segment was kind of lame on the early episodes, but in the most recent, it's actually kinda funny. They give him a hick Texan accent, and he calls everyone "hoser" (which seems jarringly incongruous with the East Texas accent).
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

It's space. There could be a Tex-Canadian Colony out there somewhere.

Sand Hockey FTW! :wink:
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Heh. The Order 66 podcast guys have also used TK-421 as one of the "characters" they have on the show. They call him up and talk about what planet he's on and what the Empire is up to there. The segment was kind of lame on the early episodes, but in the most recent, it's actually kinda funny. They give him a hick Texan accent, and he calls everyone "hoser" (which seems jarringly incongruous with the East Texas accent).
Yeah, I pretty much just skip over those segments. I like the podcast a lot more when they're focusing on the game, home brew rules, etc.

Speaking of which, one home brew they mentioned -- which I think is an optional rule in the "Force Unleashed" sourcebook -- is this: any Force sensitive can spend a Force point to gain a Dark Side power for the duration of an encounter. They also gain a Dark Side point.

Not saying we should adopt that, but I really like how that models the Dark Side path ... it is quick, easy and awfully tempting to players. The fate of the galaxy is in your hands ... a blast of force lightning might be all it takes to defeat Darth Infernus. What do you do hotshot? What do you do?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

It's been a while since I played it... but it sounds similar to how dark side powers worked in the previous edition. And yes, a great way to model those powers.

BTW I looked at the force unleashed book the other day. While I'm trying not to fall into my "must own all the books" compulsion... what I perused was awfully tempting.
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote: Speaking of which, one home brew they mentioned -- which I think is an optional rule in the "Force Unleashed" sourcebook -- is this: any Force sensitive can spend a Force point to gain a Dark Side power for the duration of an encounter. They also gain a Dark Side point.

Not saying we should adopt that, but I really like how that models the Dark Side path ... it is quick, easy and awfully tempting to players. The fate of the galaxy is in your hands ... a blast of force lightning might be all it takes to defeat Darth Infernus. What do you do hotshot? What do you do?
Yeah, I just listened to that one last night. I really like that rule. The dark side is supposed to be tempting, and in a desperate situation this really can test the moral mettle of a jedi. I likes it.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer