Naming the Ship

Our KOTOR campaign.
moths

Post by moths »

It's entirely possible that the ship was named before Cory's character got hold of her. So she could be named the Ardent Nihilist or the Despair and keep its lively and upbeat crew.

You cam never change a ship's name.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've settled on a human noble. He'll be attached to a major house of the republic. When he came of age he joined the republic academy for officer flight training. Unfortunately an incident caused him to wash-out, and caused his family to cease any ties with him.

Because of his easy upbringing, he has a limited set of skills. Unfortunately when his family cut him off, most of those became useless. The only thing he could fall back on was his academy training. So he has become a pilot, mainly taking jobs hauling cargo across the outer rim. And since he's making a new life for himself, he left his old name behind preferring to go by his call sign.

I'll have stats later this week, but if there are any piloting feat suggestions from the starship book let me know. I could only find the one in the main book (which is awesome).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I'll have stats later this week, but if there are any piloting feat suggestions from the starship book let me know. I could only find the one in the main book (which is awesome).
I'd start with that feat, and choose others depending on how the campaign goes. We didn't get into trying out any of the starship maneuvers, but I do need to go back and re-read them in light of the playtests.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I've settled on a human noble. He'll be attached to a major house of the republic. When he came of age he joined the republic academy for officer flight training. Unfortunately an incident caused him to wash-out, and caused his family to cease any ties with him.

Because of his easy upbringing, he has a limited set of skills. Unfortunately when his family cut him off, most of those became useless. The only thing he could fall back on was his academy training. So he has become a pilot, mainly taking jobs hauling cargo across the outer rim. And since he's making a new life for himself, he left his old name behind preferring to go by his call sign.
Nice history! So how do you want him to start, with or without ship? Your character being at the game on Friday raises the possibility of using the ship to introduce your character, mine and Brendan's.

Alternatively, you guys could work for one of the several companies on the planet, or perhaps be additional crew hired on to the Ruby Raptor by the Starrior Exploration Corp. because of an increased workload.

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've been thinking about it, and i'm not quite sure. I like the idea that the three of us are the ship's crew, so giving us a ship right away makes things easy. But I'm cool just being a pilot who's still trying to find a ship. I'd tend to say whatever works best for the story :-)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I've been thinking about it, and i'm not quite sure. I like the idea that the three of us are the ship's crew, so giving us a ship right away makes things easy. But I'm cool just being a pilot who's still trying to find a ship. I'd tend to say whatever works best for the story :-)
My inclination is to have you serving on a different ship through first level; then at second we can talk about the crew getting a ship of their own. I've got some stuff going on story-wise in the Prelude campaign that should work nicely with that approach.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Sounds good to me. What about our characters? Have they been working together? Brendan and I were planning on it, and I think it makes sense if we're going to be purchasing our own ship.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Sounds good to me. What about our characters? Have they been working together? Brendan and I were planning on it, and I think it makes sense if we're going to be purchasing our own ship.
Yes, and I was thinking Zulen (my Arkanian Offshoot engineer character) will be with you as well .